recently i built a fuzz pedal from musikdink.de and the led was switching on and off (flickering) i tried it with my adapter which i think is negative ground as i use it with my DS-1

the fuzz face is positive ground

im not sure what happened (as my cables have not been working lately and i need to get new ones but can someone explain what likely happened (as in 'is my pedal broken or would it just not work?') and what i should buy

thank you
yeah, you fucked your pedal up, that's pretty much what happened. you need to observe the correct polarity in a power supply, or your pedal pretty much dies. as far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, you fucked your pedal up, that's pretty much what happened. you need to observe the correct polarity in a power supply, or your pedal pretty much dies. as far as i'm aware.

i dont know what happened...i plugged it in (with a battery) and it worked

beats me.

it could be that the adapter might have been soldered wrongly (its a DIY pedal) in which case WOW im lucky
well if it's ok you're very lucky, lol. Don't do it again, kind of thing. Good news.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ im not so sure

i know i cant daisy chain it...but i doubt i can use a normal one either (other wise why would they do a differenciation)
i would operate a similar philosophy to speaker impedance mismatches- even if there is a safe mismatch, unless you know for sure what that safe mismatch is (and no internet half-truths, myths etc.), you don't do it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, im running my amp mismatched too.

My adapter does have the symbols both for negative and positive ground though, so i assumed it was a universal thing.
Quote by beckyjc
Ground polarity doesnt matter in power supplies as long as your not daisy chaining it with anything of a different polarity.

I think...

truf. I have positive ground pedals, and I use the same kind of power supply I would use on a negative ground pedal. no special converters or cables.

Unless it's a Fulltone pedal, he wired his positive ground pedals weird.
i would trust john
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What John said. And I assume any kit worth it's price would include a diode for polarity protection.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Shouldn't these circuits have a diode that prevents them from dying in this kind of situation?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Im pretty sure the musikding kits have polarity protection.

They also come with standard boss style DC jacks.

You probably messed up something somewhere, check for cold solder joints.
Quote by mmolteratx
What John said. And I assume any kit worth it's price would include a diode for polarity protection.

http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/language/en/products_id/1637
http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p1620_The-Face-Germanium---Fuzz-kit.html
Looking at the kit(s), it looks like it has a 1N4001 diode in the bottom right for reverse polarity protection.