Hey Guys, I was wondering what the difference between the types of slinky strings
(Super Slinky, Regular Strings etc) I have super slinky strings and I am wondering what styles of music the types of strings are for
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
They're just different gauges. Super Slinkies are 9s I think, Regular Slinkies are 10s.
Well, the heavier strings (11s, 12s, etc.) are good for tuning lower because they are tighter and have a clearer ring to them when tuned low. Although, some people just like the higher tension that a beefier gauge has.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
it comes down to you more than anything.
i used to be in a band with a guy that played a strat with .9's and i played a ibanez arc 100 with .11's they contrasted really nicely. just take you time to experiment with different gauges
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
i have an ibanez GAx and im looking into a RGA. Mostly playing standard. Lowest I go is drop D, so what is the best idea of gauges
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
For standard you should probably just get the regular slinkys or maybe power slinkys for drop d. I use beefy slinkys for drop c and they are pretty sweet
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
so lower gauges are better sounding for higher tunings?
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0