Hello again my fellow shredders,
I am still looking for a good distortion, I am using a Peavey Valveking, I have heard nothing but great stuff about the pedal mentioned in the title, so what are your reviews and thoughts? I am looking for a Testament/Trivium type sound.
Whenever I heard people talking about the fullbore, I hear people talk about the barber dirty bomb. And listening to them both, I prefer the dirty bomb a lot more. The fullbore is so harsh.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
Whenever I heard people talking about the fullbore, I hear people talk about the barber dirty bomb. And listening to them both, I prefer the dirty bomb a lot more. The fullbore is so harsh.

This.
Although this is all probably me comparing it against the dirty bomb, doesnt have as much gain but sounds a mile better. Theres a comparison demo on youtube i think.
IMO, it's one of the worst distortion pedals ever made. Fizzy, thin, harsh and just all around nasty. If you can spend a bit more, the Suhr Riot has been getting a lot of rave reviews.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I used to like it, but now to me it sounds like chopping my dick in a blender. Save up another $100 and get a Blackstar HT-Distx.

EDIT: I saw you like Trivium. First of all, you are superior. Second of all, get a Peavey 6505+.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Last edited by NosralTserrof at Jul 1, 2010,
That pedal really sucks.

I had one for a week and returned it as it just sounded terrible...and the noise gate is pretty useless.

I did a review on it if you want to know more details.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
It has too much high end; not versatile. If budget is not an issue go for the Suhr Riot or Emma PISDIYAUWOT