Quote by r0ckth3d34n
You're incredibly devious. For some reason I think you have the guitar in your possession, and you're doing this to laugh at us and then turn this whole thread into a NGD thread while we all "wtf" because we thought you were going to buy the guitar.

In the ballpark...? Yes...? No...? Probably not...?

sorta. it hadn't arrived just yet...

ding on the headstock!

family...

i don't do reviews.
i do clips.

in this clip, i started with it all the way acoustic. then added the neck pup for some tones with both, then just the neck, then the neck and bridge, then just the bridge, then some grit wow too fizzy, then less grit. then i just messed around.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gregs1020/music/all/play860207

magnetic pups through the 5e3 thing.
piezos through a FM15B.
recorded with a zoom h2.

i can see have some pup lowering and raising to do. one dink on the headstock. the body is schminty. the finish is better than it looked in the pics. the neck is dead on. i basically paid for this by selling 2 pieces of gear that i had a total of $600 dollars into. the price was $1500, but of that, $900 was profit off of other gear sales. once i'm finished setting the pup heights i should be fine. it really doesn't sound exactly like the clips in person, much bigger.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice! only starting to listen to the clip so far but it sounds sweet so far.

how does the spruce top sound, compared to, say, maple?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the spruce is a tad warmer overall with great lows. it's a hack clip but it does show the versatility.
thanks. my eggle is (i guess) along those lines but with a maple top (and no piezos). I'm guessing it's a pretty subtle difference?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I see no ding . The wood-ish coloured dot next to the low E tuner?

HNGD btw, v nice.

HELLO!

Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks. my eggle is (i guess) along those lines but with a maple top (and no piezos). I'm guessing it's a pretty subtle difference?

extremely subtle if i can even hear a difference. that was the goal of using spruce but as tight as the top on this thing is? i dunno really if it will ever be the difference intended.

Quote by JamesLPs
I see no ding . The wood-ish coloured dot next to the low E tuner?

HNGD btw, v nice.

that's it. i could use a red and black marker and make it disappear. i'm leaving it.
thanks, i am very happy about this.

Quote by irishstang_87
Beautiful guitar, I'm glad the blind purchase worked out for you. HNGD

thank you me too. there is always a chance but i discussed it with the seller, everything seemed good. he did send me a pic of the headstock issue but i could hardly see it. i took a leap of faith but i felt good about it.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 1, 2010,
i enjoyed the clip man! really loved the acoustic sound the most. im considering a warmoth build thats not all that different than this guitar but im still deciding if its going to be hollow, semi hollow or just chambered. ill certainly consider a spruce top though.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by gregs1020
extremely subtle if i can even hear a difference. that was the goal of using spruce but as tight as the top on this thing is? i dunno really if it will ever be the difference intended.

aye
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SYLrules88
i enjoyed the clip man! really loved the acoustic sound the most. im considering a warmoth build thats not all that different than this guitar but im still deciding if its going to be hollow, semi hollow or just chambered. ill certainly consider a spruce top though.

cool, it sounds great through the piezos, that was the thing about this guitar that had my eye. it does sound great through a frontman 15 bass amp, a bit bright but i didn't adjust the amp settings really.
i like spruce top acoustics as well, the difference in tone is much greater on an acoustic.

Quote by Dave_Mc
aye

yay finally
greg can stop trying to buy my guitar

yo so the string to string adjustments for the piezo are behind the battery.

the overall piezo output level is behind and in between the first and second input jack.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
nice! i've only had one guitar with a piezo system but i really loved it... now you need a nice acoustic amp! unless you have one...

but these PRS' are amazing. congrats!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by AcousticMirror
yay finally
greg can stop trying to buy my guitar

yo so the string to string adjustments for the piezo are behind the battery.

the overall piezo output level is behind and in between the first and second input jack.

i do like it as much as your goldie, but yours has a sexier back. upon review my amp volumes were off a bit. the guitar is fine. i may rotate the bridge pickup, not sure tho.

thanks for the heads up phone call when you saw the price drop.
i dunno i think the back on yours is pretty sexy

lol 40 piece back.

i like how your back is strip-ed
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 1, 2010,
see that's nice. this ain't bad.

it's got a whole different kind of sexay goin' on.
Gregs is definitely Mahogany, Acoustic Mirror yours looks like mahogany as well, although it doesn't have quite as nice of a grain pattern.
ya greg's got an artist back. I wouldn't be surprised if his piece of spruce was a bit nicer too. They use the nicer pieces for clear tops.
their both mahogany. i dunno about an artist back, most of these have nice backs. i'm yet to see a boring one really.

after playing it a while i've lowered the action a little and intonated the g. other than that it's set up perfectly. no truss rod tweak required.

i'll make some more clips later and post them tonight. things are a bit more dialed in now.
did you put warpigs in yet? what pups are in there.
i've got some extra pups here that sound great.....
these are archtops. the bridge is a bit bright, i may lower the pole pieces a little and see what that does. i have the specs on them all and a set of mccartys sitting here, but so far i've been able to tame it with amp/pedal settings.

i'm not ready to say i don't like the bridge, i do like the neck a lot.
ok, gotta run to dinner. here's another pr0n shot. moar clips later.

Damnnn hngd, i said no, but im glad u got it and its not a scam, one of the most beautiful guitars ive seen on a ngd thread in a few weeks (i think tying with that GMW soloist someone got)
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
Damnnn hngd, i said no, but im glad u got it and its not a scam, one of the most beautiful guitars ive seen on a ngd thread in a few weeks (i think tying with that GMW soloist someone got)

thanks, yea there really isn't that much risk with a guitar like this. he said the headstock had a ding and sent a pic of that. i wasn't expecting it to be in this good of shape. it's basically in better shape than most of the guitars on the wall at GC.

Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Gregs wins for putting my post at the top.

That's a purdy guitar, I like it. HNGD!

well you did call it. it just hadn't arrived here yet. it's really nice.

i jammed with friends last night and it's great. blending the piezos with hot buckers makes such a full tone. between the 5e3 and my friends keyboard amp i swear i never had such a huge sound. i literally jaw dropped twice, and grinned ear to ear afterwards each time.
Awesome i love PRSs. HGND!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by AcousticMirror
Greg I don't need an acoustic amp but you need warpigs.
can your 5e3 do this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/splawn/greggetwarpigs.mp3

all day long. what do you think the burst is for?

so far i like the stock pick ups. i got some great tone out of them last night. i'm not completely sure about the bridge yet though. i may want something a little hotter. i have to see how the mccarty pups rate, i may throw that bridge in there.

edit: and you do need an acoustic amp, period. get a cheap bass amp and use it.
noooooo. the way I run it in that clip is that I have the warpigs set up really hot and the acoustic set up low level so I can go from distorted to acoustic clean by just flipping the switch.
Quote by AcousticMirror
noooooo. the way I run it in that clip is that I have the warpigs set up really hot and the acoustic set up low level so I can go from distorted to acoustic clean by just flipping the switch.

i do the same thing by running to two different amps. also, controlling most of the grit with the burst gives me an additional immediate option.

that does sound good, but albeit brighter a tone than i usually like.
ya i don't have eq control over the piezo but I should probably lower the output of the high strings a bit.

I had the same problem as you with the stock pups. The neck pup sounded really good but the bridge pup was way to bright. I mean the guitars really bright naturally they should have compensated for that a little. It's the same pickup in the maple as in the spruce but...it shouldn't be. talk to paul about that one.
i think if i lower the pole pieces on the bridge pup it could help a bit. i'l let you know how that works. jorge did that on his hb and it helped. he also turned the bridge the other way around, like you do on the neck pick up. he said it sounded fuller.