I'm thinking of taking a week off next year to visit Bergen, have a tour of the fjords and generally have a walk round the forests and mountains.

So my question is, is Norway (particularly Bergen) a cool place? Are the people friendly? Do the majority speak a bit of English? How expensive is Norway compared with other places? (Especially the beer prices ) Is the night life good? What about shopping?
I'm so jealous I don't even want to answer.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by PotBellyShogun
I'm thinking of taking a week off next year to visit Bergen, have a tour of the fjords and generally have a walk round the forests and mountains.

So my question is, is Norway (particularly Bergen) a cool place? Are the people friendly? Do the majority speak a bit of English? How expensive is Norway compared with other places? (Especially the beer prices ) Is the night life good? What about shopping?

Definitely.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Learn some Norwegian anyway because not everyone speaks English.

It's very pretty, have fun

Oh by the way everything is sooo expensive in Norway. However much you were thinking of taking as spending money, triple it.
*varg vikernes pic*

I lol'd.

So it is expensive then? Darn...I'm hoping it won't be as frantic and stressful as some of the places here in the UK. Is it pretty relaxed?
Quote by PotBellyShogun
*varg vikernes pic*

I lol'd.

So it is expensive then? Darn...I'm hoping it won't be as frantic and stressful as some of the places here in the UK. Is it pretty relaxed?

I don't really have much to compare it to, but we are quite relaxed. Bergen in the summer is really nice.
How much does it generally cost to live there, whilst were asking questions?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Don't go to Bergen, the only thing you will find there is rain Come to the Stavanger area instead^^
Quote by metallicafan616
How much does it generally cost to live there, whilst were asking questions?

If you live there it's ok because the wages match the cost of stuff but if you are a tourist or you don't work, damn everything is SO expensive.

Equivalent of €20 for 2x coffees and muffins kind of expensive. Seriously.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
*varg vikernes pic*

I lol'd.

Dude, you're talking about the difference between the UK and Norway.

There is no such thing as not being relaxed in Norway. At least compared to the UK from my experience.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Bring a LOT more money than you have planned because as the person above me said......everything is ****ing expensive....

Have Fun!
Quote by PotBellyShogun
How expensive is Norway compared with other places? (Especially the beer prices )

Very
Quote by yodadax

I was expecting Mayhem, but Gorgoroth will do

I'm right in thinking that Norway has pretty huge public sector right? I plan to train as a doctor (probably surgeon) in university and monev to Norway so I'd expect it to be pretty easy to get employment that way, right? (I'll start learning the language soon)

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I wouldn't stay in Bergen for too long if you don't like rain.
It rains on an average of 240 days a year there.
It's very expensive here.
Most Norwegians have no problem speaking English, as long as you keep to the people below 50.
While I don't live in a big city, I've been to them, and it feels pretty relaxed.
At least compared to what I've seen about the UK and US.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal