well i got it today. i was going to go for the whole dramatic box photos and stuff, but they all read ORANGE! so here it is my Orange Dual Terror. and i have a delayed NPD, which is an Old Skool Fuzz that i got from a member on the boards.

Amp first.

first thoughts.

first off i must mention that i am using speakers that aren't broken in yet, and they are G12t75's, and not V30's like i will get when i get the money for an orange cab, so the speaker situation is less than ideal.

i started out on the fat channel with the tone and noon and the gain at 4 o'clock and was in absolute awe, although it was a little overly gritty on the bridge pickup on my Gibson Les Paul. i knocked the tone back to around 9 o'clock and fount the sweet spot. this has way more gain than i expected, and almost too much on the fat channel for what i do (which is no big deal, i just dial it down). now for the infamous tiny terror channel. i started out with the gain really low and played some blues with the tone knob at about 9 o'clock. i really seem to like this amp a lot darker than most, but what sounds good to me is what is really important. i experimented with the 15 and 30 watts with the volume turned up (above bedroom levels for sure) and loved the natural breakup at both wattages, expecially the 15 watt setting. it is really one hell of an amp, and if you are going for this type of tone, it is a must for anybody's studio.

here are a few pics, along with the amp family shots.

now for the old skool fuzz. keep in mind, i purchased this for $40 and understood it had a few issues. the main issue is that at full volume and full fuzz, it is quieter than the bypass signal [if anybody knows of any solutions or trouble shooting, i would appreciate it]. but i really like the sound of it, but the fuzz is really unusable past3 o'clock, so i set it at noon with another fuzz pedal set to low fuzz, and it sounds fabulous. it does the jimi hendrix tone perfectly. its a great pedal, i just need to learn how to fix it.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Doesn't Bostonrocks make those oldskool pedals?

nice new amp and pedal day though, nice rig too
nice. i've been looking at a dual terror. i definitely need a new amp. how loud can it get and still have good cleans?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Happy amp day! If I hadn't got a such a good deal on my rocker it's the amp I was going to buy, it just sounds so damn nice!
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Cool stuff, you can't really go wrong with a Dual Terror.

Can you tell me what the green pedal to the right of the Bad Monkey is though? Only I've seen your pedalboard before in "the pedalboard thread" and I remember seeing that pedal, but I can't recognize it, and it looks kind of cool
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Section 5
Cool stuff, you can't really go wrong with a Dual Terror.

Can you tell me what the green pedal to the right of the Bad Monkey is though? Only I've seen your pedalboard before in "the pedalboard thread" and I remember seeing that pedal, but I can't recognize it, and it looks kind of cool

its a BBE green Screamer TS808 thingy.

yea i am going to play the orange for a few more minutes. i will give you all an update. i am loving it so far though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
IIRC it's a Fuzz Face clone. I'm not sure if Brett made any mods but if there's a 330R resistor, switch it for something larger, like 1k. You should have plenty of volume.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Nick: shut up, not your place bud.

TS: PM me, I made it. I can fix it for you if you'd like.

EDIT: for the record he says it sounds great, and I MADE it specifically for the JH sound which he says it does very well. so
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 1, 2010,
Congratulations, mate. You've got an awesome set-up there, defo.

That fuzz looks quite cute and bubbly ... I bet it sounds quite the opposite.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Congratulations, mate. You've got an awesome set-up there, defo.

That fuzz looks quite cute and bubbly ... I bet it sounds quite the opposite.

thanks. it will be fully rounded whenever M123 ships the tweaker and i pick up a couple of 1x12" cabs.

the fuzz sounds great.

BostonRocks, i am happy with it and it sounds great, its just that the output isn't as loud as the bypass signal, so it is hard to throw in my signal chain. i will send you a pm about it tonight. if it is something simple, with some direction, i could probably fix it myself. also, thanks for the offer to fix it.

for the record everyone, bostonrocks, did one hell of a job, the board looks very clean, and good soldering everywhere.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
It's not improperly functioning. It's a common problem with Fuzz Faces. If you've played an original you'd know that unity is very high up on the volume knob. The fix involves changing one resistor to a higher value, I assume Brett didn't do it in the first place was to keep it original.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by guitarted
but he sold you an improperly functioning pedal... that shouldn't be cool.

Ever consider the fact THAT I DIDN'T SELL IT TO HIM!?

Matt: This is True.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era