Im looking for some tracks to jam along with on bass to help me get better creatively and figured the guitar forum would be able to help me. Looking for something preferably in the funk / blues / ska genres and not too incredibly complex. I already searchbared and found nothing.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by G.Krizzel
Well, "the white stripes" would be a pretty good start since they have no bass player at all and play blues. Not too complicated but still very beautiful songs.

i thought that they added bass to most of their studio stuff i could definitely be wrong as i don't listen to them, but i remember a pretty distinct bassline in 7 nation army from a few years ago when it was on the radio

EDIT: you could try some backing tracks? there's no reason that a song couldn't have two basses playing (its been done before) and the cds tell you what key the different songs are in.

here's a link to some cds on amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=backing+tracks&x=0&y=0
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i thought that they added bass to most of their studio stuff i could definitely be wrong as i don't listen to them, but i remember a pretty distinct bassline in 7 nation army from a few years ago when it was on the radio

EDIT: you could try some backing tracks? there's no reason that a song couldn't have two basses playing (its been done before) and the cds tell you what key the different songs are in.

here's a link to some cds on amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=backing+tracks&x=0&y=0

Jack White just used an octave pedal for the verses to get the bass sound on that song.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
if you have guitar pro just find some songs that ud want to jam over and just mute the bass in the program.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i thought that they added bass to most of their studio stuff

jack white just uses a whammy pedal set to octaves lower