Im out on a quest to get metal drums in my recordings, metal as in the genre by the way. How would i go about doing this? I dont know anything about programming drums and im assuming that metal is a hard genre for that. Heres a list of things for me to work with hardware/software wise:

Hardware:
keyboard... >.<

Software:
Guitar Pro(for midi??)
ableton live 8 (my main DAW)
FL Studio 9 demo
reason 3

Are there any tutorials on how to program drums?
Also ive looked around and some people are saying to program in GP then export midi into something like EZDrummer. Would that be a good option?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster by Squire
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Nope. I'm far too honest.
Quote by silverrock224
Im out on a quest to get metal drums in my recordings, metal as in the genre by the way. How would i go about doing this? I dont know anything about programming drums and im assuming that metal is a hard genre for that. Heres a list of things for me to work with hardware/software wise:

Hardware:
keyboard... >.<

Software:
Guitar Pro(for midi??)
ableton live 8 (my main DAW)
FL Studio 9 demo
reason 3

Are there any tutorials on how to program drums?
Also ive looked around and some people are saying to program in GP then export midi into something like EZDrummer. Would that be a good option?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268070

and yes programming in guitar pro and exporting the midi is a pretty good idea. Just make sure you make all the hits FF (fortisimo) or else the snare and tom hits will sound weak.