Hey guys,

How are you all? Thats good.

Anyways, I've been GASing about the ME-25 pedal, it seems to have all the effects I need. My local places don't have it so I've youtubed it and all that jazz.

I just want to know that, is it complecated to use it? what are the downfalls to it?

Thanks. Keep smiling
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Jul 1, 2010,
The ME series is sooooo easy to use its unbelievable. That being said, I owned a ME-50 for years and hate the freaking things. Unless you are strictly using it for mod/delay/wah. The compressor sucks. The distortion/overdrive sucks. The noise gate sucks. The wah is actually kinda fun.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
The ME series is sooooo easy to use its unbelievable. That being said, I owned a ME-50 for years and hate the freaking things. Unless you are strictly using it for mod/delay/wah. The compressor sucks. The distortion/overdrive sucks. The noise gate sucks. The wah is actually kinda fun.

Sounds like every other multi-FX pedals.

I had a Digitech RP250 for over a year.. God the thing was terrible when it comes to distortion/overdrive, and the noise-gate was the worst.

Unless you REALLY need a pedal for the delays/reverbs/whatever, I seriously suggest trying to score used single stompboxes. My experience with multi-fx makes me not want another for the rest of my life.
I've been using an ME-50 for the past 5 or 6 years. It's great for what it is: a cheap, digital, multi-effects pedal. I loved it when I first got it, and did up until recently when I started experimenting with analogue pedals. The sound from analogue effects is much more natural to me, and I really prefer that. However, if you're just jamming at home or with a couple buddies, you this pedal is perfect. If you're looking for a solid, indestructible, multi-effects pedal to play around with, this is a great pedal.

BTW, I'm selling my ME-50 to make room for some new gear if you're interested.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
The distortions / high gain amp models of ME-25 are pathetic. Not sure how much an EQ pedal would help. ME-25 can work like an audio interface so you can use GR, Amplitube etc.

There's been a major price drop on RP series. RP-1000 is retailing around $340. So if u can increase ur budget some more u can get many more features.
Quote by ibrahimasood
Hey guys,

How are you all? Thats good.

Anyways, I've been GASing about the ME-25 pedal, it seems to have all the effects I need. My local places don't have it so I've youtubed it and all that jazz.

I just want to know that, is it complecated to use it? what are the downfalls to it?

Thanks. Keep smiling

It's not complicated to use, so if you've used similar stuff such as zoom g1/g2 series, tonelab ST, then you're good to go. It's a memory/program based patch switching effect.

Has tons of pedal models but what it really shines at are the cosm amp models.

You can combine the pedal and the amp model to get nice sounds. This is assuming you're playing direct to the PA or return loop of your amp.

Playing through headphones/earbuds sounds very good just by itself. Anything that plugs into the headphones out jack would turn on the cabinet modeling.

I like the tone of this unit for the cosm mostly.