Hello everyone, Ive been saving for a while and i have around 150 pound to spend on a bass guitar and amp. Yes i know im not gonna get much more than a starter kit

I have no idea which one to get but i have been looking at the Gear 4 Music starter bass packs

I listen to bands such as, Hatebreed, Slayer, Bleeding Through, Paramore, Cannibal Corpse, A7X, killswitch, bullet, Children of bodom etc. Theres a bit of a pattern Also a bit of classic Lemmy lol

Thanks for any recocmendations

PS: I have also been playing guitar for around 2 year now, Only a cheap Fender Starcaster and a cheap SP10 ( i dont use the amp )
Last edited by Blenkinsop at Jul 1, 2010,
I don't think there is any particular bass that is good for those artists, starter packs are all pretty similar. As for the Gear4Music starter packs, I think they would be good value for money, I got my first bass form there (Yamaha RBX170) and a Gear4Music amp, and the amp was pretty good for the price.

So yeah I'd go for that, G4M is a good store and they make decent gear for the price.

PS: You say there's a pattern but Paramore doesn't really match up to Hatebreed...

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
I don't think there is any particular bass that is good for those artists, starter packs are all pretty similar. As for the Gear4Music starter packs, I think they would be good value for money, I got my first bass form there (Yamaha RBX170) and a Gear4Music amp, and the amp was pretty good for the price.

So yeah I'd go for that, G4M is a good store and they make decent gear for the price.

PS: You say there's a pattern but Paramore doesn't really match up to Hatebreed...

Yeah i agree with the yamaha idea. Most yamaha's i have seen are good for starter packs.

Oh, and as for the pattern i don't think that either Paramore or Hatebreed really match up with Cannibal Corpse haha
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"