if it's really natural then i don't think it's really a problem. but it looks like your hand might be tensing up more than you need to.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Duarteman
I noticed that, specially when I'm doing chromatic exercises, my pinky doesn't make 90 degrees with the fretboard. I took a picture, have a look:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/391/01072010.jpg

Is this a bad thing? How can I correct this?

Can you take a picture of your thumb from a different angle, like from the headstock down or something?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Your hand could do with a little adjusting really, generally looks like it needs to relax a little, your thumb could also do with being a little more parallel with the frets and slightly more behind your middle finger.

Relaxing is the main thing, the rest is just perfectionism in my part.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've got the same thing. I've read on t'ternet that its a dominant gene (check your parents or grandparent's hands) or something (If its a natural occurance on each of your pinkys and not due to a trauma or anything). Nothing to worry about, just persevere and carry on.
Its just as weak and pathetic as anyone else's pinky when starting out lol, that is presuming you are since you've only just noticed.

P.S You can stretch to quite easily overcome this, just practice as a few UG'ers have told me.
Last edited by ybselgo at Jul 1, 2010,