Finally today my last piece of my gigging setup arrived. My Rocktron Hush Ultra.

Could not find a review on this thing anywhere so I was of course a little skeptical, but as I was using a Rocktron Prophesy and a Rocktron Midimate I was still confident in their products......

I was not dissapointed.

Installed the Hush Ultra into my rack and spent around 2 hours fiddling with it getting the levels perfect and holy hell this thing is immense. Whoever says that the rocktron gates rob you of your tone must be deaf. My guitar tone is unaltered, all that is gone is my amp hum and unwanted feedback. Could not be more pleased. Admittedly I am running the compressor from my Prophesy and the Gate on that unit on the input as well as the Hush Ultra in the loop (2 Gates oh my) but still the result is fantastic.

The key is setting your threshold just to the point the noise stops and no more. The hush takes a bit of messing too and I had to turn true bypass off to get it working along with the rocktron prophesy in 4 cable method.

My rack is now complete. The only thing I desire is a Rocktron Hex expression pedal and my G.A.S for anything other than guitars will be sated......

Thoroughly recommend Rocktron Products to anyone wishing to invest in rack gear.

Now for the pics of my now completed Rack!

Oooooooh Pretty Lights!

This is a shot in full light so you can see all the gear.

I will also admit that I bought the Ultra not just for midi control and presets but because it had a blue screen.....

One seriously happy chappy!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Nice rack man!

Hope you enjoy it all
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Cheers guys. Its going to be a while before I can get a recording of the gear being used and as I only use it in rehearsal and gigging but when I do I will update the post!

One thing to note when using Noise Gates it is very important to use your ears. There are certain parameters on the Hush that did seem to muffle my tone a little, primarily having the hush setting up high. Also running on the Audio input mode was a bad idea! Volume increased and treble was harsh sounding as this setting is designed for other inputs other than guitar.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works