well i dont feel like all that great of a player. what scales do i absolutely need to learn? what practices can i use for finger speed and accuracy? what practices for technique? please and thanks for the help yall r the best!
sweep picking, triplets, pinch harmonics, barre chords, thats all i can think of =p
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Quick answer for me
Download instructional videos.
Listen to your heroes.
Find guitar friends.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by zoso_boy99
well i dont feel like all that great of a player. what scales do i absolutely need to learn? what practices can i use for finger speed and accuracy? what practices for technique? please and thanks for the help yall r the best!

There's nothing you "need" to learn but if I were to pick one scale you absolutely have to learn it's the standard major scale, once you understand that well you'll be able to understand anything else in the field of theory with relative ease.

As for technique all the exercises you could ever need are in the stickies at the top of the forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.