I got my new tele from Musicians friend in the mail today and I was bit bummed out to see that there was rust on almost all of the pickguard screws, as well as on the bridge and pickup screws.

I called them and they are sending me a new set of pickguard screws, but they said they couldn't send me any others.

So what would be the best way to get rid of the rust on these screws?
could take them off and gently sand or file off the rust then maybe ,ive never done it , seal them with a coat of clear nail polish. ive sanded and filed the screws on my pickgaurd before and they came out shiny but after a few months they were sorta rusted again. never used nail polish tho.since your getting new ones why not test it out and see if it works first

edit: nice avatar, ignition was a great album :P
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Jul 1, 2010,
You mean test out if nail polish works? XD

and yes indeed it was, thanks
yeah test out the nail polish thing, i read it somewhere. but never tried it myself.

you gotta use a piece of sandpaper or a file to get the rust off first, then coat the head in clear nail polish.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I tried sandpaper, it didn't work to well, and i'm hesitant to try nail polish.

Anyone else know of any thing I could try?
Quote by L.A.P.D.
I got my new tele from Musicians friend in the mail today and I was bit bummed out to see that there was rust on almost all of the pickguard screws, as well as on the bridge and pickup screws.

I called them and they are sending me a new set of pickguard screws, but they said they couldn't send me any others.

So what would be the best way to get rid of the rust on these screws?

call back and talk to whoever that person's supervisor is. if you get on them, i am sure they will replace everything. if you bought a new guitar, you deserve it in new condition. i would have no patience for something like that.

if opt not to do that, i would try steel wool. i have used that before to clean up screw heads. for rust i would go #000
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
call back and talk to whoever that person's supervisor is. if you get on them, i am sure they will replace everything. if you bought a new guitar, you deserve it in new condition. i would have no patience for something like that.

if opt not to do that, i would try steel wool. i have used that before to clean up screw heads. for rust i would go #000

I did get to speak with a supervisor, he said I could send it back. However i've read loads of reviews on the guitar and rusty screws came up a few times. I'd rather just fix it myself then send it back.

Thanks I'll try steel wool.