Ok, so I need an upgrade from my 15 watt practice amp, and was thinking about the Acoustic B100 100 watt amp. I dont play in a band yet because I need an amp upgrade 1st, so will 100 watts get me above drums, guitar and possibly a singer? I'd probably be playing rock music, although I like funk as well.

Thanks!!!
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by _musicupthebutt
it would definately get you above the drums and such

Ok, thank you!!!

(\__/)
Only just. I would strongly recommend going for at least 200 watts to properly get above a drummer.
Quote by Flogger_92
Only just. I would strongly recommend going for at least 200 watts to properly get above a drummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
it depends. for most bands 100 watts would be enough to set in with drums and guitar. i use a 540 watt amp and its just loud enough without distorting when playing with my band. we play extremely loud though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Flogger_92

hes playing against a drummer not a boeing 747.

as long as the drummer and the rest of the crew dont play stupidly loud youll be fine.
Thank you everybody.

(\__/)
I own the 200 watt version of these amps and they're very nice. I have to imagine if the 200 watt is good, the 100 watt should be good as well.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
watts don't really correlate with volume as much as people think it does by the way. i've heard 100 watt bass amps that were louder than 200 watt bass amps.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Wattage does not equal volume, and it all depends on the drummer, and how loud the guitars are playing. Generally speaking 100w might do for practice with the band, but you'd want around 200w or more if you plan on gigging at all. I suggest you look at the Acoustic B200, its not too expensive for a 200w amp and should give you what you need.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
ive been wondering cause ive seen this a few times now, what is the difference between what you guys call an acoustic amp and a non acoustic one? i cant seem to find anything on this

*advert link removed by moderator*
Quote by lynusofriversid
ive been wondering cause ive seen this a few times now, what is the difference between what you guys call an acoustic amp and a non acoustic one? i cant seem to find anything on this

An acoustic amp could refer to an amp intended for use with acoustic bass guitars, but in this case, Acoustic is the brand of amplifier.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
100w should be enough for practice and moderately sized gig.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
the 100 watt acoustic would work BUT i would recommend the acoustic b200 just because it is a more versatile amp in what you get for the price and would be good for gigs as well.
Dick+strings= owww
200 watts may not be any louder than 100 watts. Each company have the own method to rate the wattage, and some are quite generous in their calculation. How loud an amp can sound are perceived more on the volume of the cabs. The more speakers a cab have, the more air it can pushes out. Don't just based your purchase solely on the watts, but how efficient the amp and cabs are.