ok so my friend and i are looking for some good hard rock/metal bands with rhythm and lead guitarists so we can learn some songs. i'm more of a rhythm player and he is more of a lead player. we are looking for more modern stuff but some older stuff is ok. he hates old school metal (metallica, megadeth, guns 'n roses) and i hate screamo/deathcore so don't suggest those. some of the bands we both like are a7x, bfmv, and slipknot. also, we like just about anything post-grunge/alt. metal (breaking benjamin, seether, etc.). thanks
Pretty much all of the bands you mentioned have 2 guitarists. And maybe try some Trivium, All That Remains, and Protest the Hero if your feeling froggy
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
no i don't like hair metal.
the bands i listed do have two guitarists. i was using them to tell around what area i am looking for. don't suggest songs from them.
i said i don't like deathcore, not metalcore. there's a difference.
please don't post comments about what music we like and don't like. this thread is for suggestions.
Last edited by lilwill322 at Jul 1, 2010,
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Who DOESN'T love this song?

Me.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by salgala2000
Guns and Roses? Since when is that metal?

You've got to remember that metal is a genre that is constantly being retroactively redefined. GnR used to be the first name people thought of when the word "metal" came up, back in the AFD era. Must have been before your time.
Quote by xadioriderx
you should just mount a really big chunk of wood

Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
In Flames always have cool guitar lines. Also, Dir en Grey don't exactly have a rhythm/ lead setup that the two guitarists adhere to, but they are always playing interesting stuff. They never play the exact same things.