hi guys.

Im looking for a bedroom amp, doesnt need to be too small as ill be moving out soon.

Price: £200 - £300.

I would like to create sounds that are similar to arctic monkeys, some rhcp and possibly to stretch as far as blink 182 punk sounds.

Also, if possible, a few suggestions on pedals, to go with the amp.

would appreciate the input. Thanks.
Fuck it.
marshall class 5 you'll probably need some pedals for it but it's syill a good amp for what you want.
blackstar ht-5 very versatile amp slightly over you budget but still worth a look at
For a bedroom amp, you can't go wrong with a Flextone series. They're cheap as hell on the used market as well - mine was under $100 shipped to my door.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Bugers V5s are pretty solid. They are 5w all-tube EL-84. It attenuates from 5, 1, and .1 watts so you can still crank the gain on bedroom volume.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Out of all the amps mentioned i like the Blackstar HT-5 and the class 5 the best. Maybe a peavey classic 30. The vox or fender probably wouldn't be bad either for what you are playing.
Egnater tweaker or JCA20??
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
something with a master volume.... I run my AC15 at bedroom levels quite easily.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by beckyjc
Ignore everyone else.

Get a Laney VC15.

/thread, no arguments

I like how he says ignor everyone, but doesn't give a single reason why that would be a good choice for the TS
Quote by handbanana
I like how he says ignor everyone, but doesn't give a single reason why that would be a good choice for the TS

you really think someone with the username beckyjc is gonna be a "he"

also there doesn't need to be any reasons. if you've tried a laney VC15 or VC30 you'll know exactly why there's no need for any reasons
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by handbanana

she's becky. she doesn't need a reason. she's never wrong.

haven't you learned yet?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
laney cub 12r
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Agree with the recommendations for a Laney VC-15. Good for those sorts of sounds, sounds nice at low volumes, and can keep up with a band.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by Blompcube
you really think someone with the username beckyjc is gonna be a "he"

also there doesn't need to be any reasons. if you've tried a laney VC15 or VC30 you'll know exactly why there's no need for any reasons

if people knew they wouldn't make threads asking what amp to get......
Quote by handbanana
if people knew they wouldn't make threads asking what amp to get......

Doesn't mean we need to explain why the VC15 would be a good choice for the kind of sounds the threadstarter is going for. It just is
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Its a good priced amp, enough headroom for jamming in the future, more features than most amps in the price range, handles effects well, sounds nice at bedroom volumes, comes with good quality valves, british voicing, warm punchy beautifull cleans, gritty low-mid gain drive channel perfect for what TS wants.

Its designed as a budget alternative to the vox ac series, a well famed amp used by many indie bands.

Chill man.
i agree with becky.

those 5 watters are loud if they don't have a master volume or attenuator/powerscaling (a couple do).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?