Page 1 of 2
MY NEW BIRTHDAY AMP DAY

Since my birthday was coming up my dad saw it fit to upgrade my amp from my Line 6 Spider II to a tube amp.
We had gone round and round since he thought since I had a Marshall cab I should get a Marshall head..he looked at a bunch of used ones and always picked out the crap ones (MG series, tube technology crap)... I'm a guy who likes his stuff brutal and face melting.
We looked at Peavey 5150's and Bugera Amps..and a bunch of stuff..
We finally ordered an amp that I THOUGHT could deliver what I wanted..

So today after I get out of the shower I hear my sisters prissy dog barking and go out and see this under my carport.

Yup a Bugera 6260. I woulda gone for the 6262 but meh, I hardly EVER use cleans, and when I do I can hardly ever tell the difference between em. Oh well. Contents:

Without packaging crap:

And it's first voyage:

Review:
Like I said, I THOUGHT this amp head would do what I wanted, with the super high gain brutal stuff and epic shredness. Notice the emphasis on THOUGHT. Well I thought right. This amp head is completely wicked. Like it slays dragons with it's awesomeness. And thats through a pretty shoddy cab, definitely not the best cab. Like this thing seriously makes me play better since I can hear the notes with so much more definition. I had actually demoed a 6260 combo, a used 6505+, and a JSX at guitar center and thought the 6260 demolished the other 2. It's so tight and brutal. Theres a crap ton of gain on tap, like tooooooonnnnnssss. The clean channel is better than I thought, but eh I can't really ever tell a difference. Once again, I love this thing. The footswitch is sturdy, it feels solid. It's just VERY nice.

Happy birthday to me =] (well...it was yesterday but oh well.

~JacobShredder
That's a hell of an upgrade, HBAD!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
HAHAHAHAHAHA. I want to cry.
like seriously.

I went to turn the switch so it could warm up so I could play it again, and i think it just died. made a boom sound and now wont turn on...FML.
:O

I was going to say, welcome to the Militia, but... damn.
Already?

Check the fuse... otherwise, RMA time.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
:O

I was going to say, welcome to the Militia, but... damn.
Already?

Check the fuse... otherwise, RMA time.

I know right?
My heart like stopped when it did that, I'm very dissappointed, not by the amp but just the fact I cant play it now

I don't even know how I would go about checking the fuse on it..
and dont know what RMA means lol..
Quote by AcousticMirror
bugera ftw!!!!!

now quit being a troll
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

yes to both of the above..which is why i was like =O..

umm...brand new out of the box today..date code said 0803.

not sure how much arkansas 100 degree temperature would have on it?

Edit: ^^^ i grabbed the wrong cable..i did use my super short instrument cable and not the indentical speaker cable i have.. Again, fml. But really frying the amp in 1 switch? fml. what to do?
Last edited by JacobShredder at Jul 1, 2010,
nice amp!

did you barricade yourself in your room with amps?
that is great

or is that line 6 spider some sort of door stop? (sorry to spider users )

sorry to hear about it dying GL in getting it to start working again!
Last edited by iampeter at Jul 2, 2010,
So even though it doesn't work, I just return it? I mean it has a 30 day return policy, so thats the road I should choose?

Yeah, I'm already on it and now have VERY clear label tags sticking all around the length of the cable reading INSTRUMENT and AMPREFRIER.

I feel insanely stupid but I mean really..1 switch and dead? Lesson learned I suppose.
It shouldn't have happened that fast, unless Bugera really does use the absolute crappiest iron you can get. And if it won't power on it's likely something different than the OT.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
send it back to bugera, act really angry in the email, they'll do something.

btw, don't say you used an instrument cable or anything. just say you turned it on and it went boom.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by mmolteratx
It shouldn't have happened that fast, unless Bugera really does use the absolute crappiest iron you can get. And if it won't power on it's likely something different than the OT.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say I love you for making me not feel like a complete dumbass.. so that fast isnt normal?
No, there are a ton of people who use instrument cables temporarily when in a bind. They will harm the amp eventually because like John said, it puts a lot of stress on the OT that it shouldn't have to deal with. And since you said it won't turn on it leads me to believe something in the power supply isn't functioning right. It could be the PT, it could just be a few bad connections. I don't know. But I'd just return it and get a new head or something else.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
That sucks man, lesson learned the hard way, I guess. I, too just upgraded from a solid state, to a 6260. If you get it fixed (which you should be able to), I highly recommend grabbing an EQ pedal for it, its a great amp as is but an EQ in the effects loop can be used to really make the bass a little better, which is the only thing it really needs.

Oh and the fuse is just on the back of the amp, next to where the power cable plugs in, its not hard to check.
Quote by ECistheBest
send it back to bugera, act really angry in the email, they'll do something.

btw, don't say you used an instrument cable or anything. just say you turned it on and it went boom.

So should I return it to Bugera or send it back to the store I ordered it from? The amp has a 30 day return policy and a warranty so just curious, I've been told to return it to the store?

oh and miles ahead of you lol, in your words "i turned it on, it made a boom sound and now wont turn on." shneeky

Quote by mmolteratx
No, there are a ton of people who use instrument cables temporarily when in a bind. They will harm the amp eventually because like John said, it puts a lot of stress on the OT that it shouldn't have to deal with. And since you said it won't turn on it leads me to believe something in the power supply isn't functioning right. It could be the PT, it could just be a few bad connections. I don't know. But I'd just return it and get a new head or something else.

Thank you so much man for easing my mind, I was seriously freaking out. I believe I am gonna just return it. Hopefully they have another..cause I really do love the sound of the thing, just poor luck I suppose.. But again, thank you for easing my mind.
no way an instrument cable fries the head that fast. the danger to using an instrument cable is a million gradual things that destroy your ot not one thing unless you plug the head in dimed all the knobs and just went nuts...even then it would make a few noises before it exploded. If it went boom right away something else went wrong.

If anything the most likely scenario is that the tubes were bad or unseated and blew the fuse. At any rate. return it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Did the "boom" atleast sound brootal?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I'm going to trust Acoustic seeing as how much time he spends with different tube amps. lol

And yeah...the boom was pretty brutal since i wanted to cry at how it brootalized my amp -_-
Quote by JacobShredder
I'm going to trust Acoustic seeing as how much time he spends with different tube amps. lol

And yeah...the boom was pretty brutal since i wanted to cry at how it brootalized my amp -_-

honestly I did the same thing to two amps that were shipped to me from gc. I didn't check the tubes and 15 minutes later boom.

You shouldn't have to deal with it for a new amp though.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Take it back and get a new one. Happy new amp day
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
LOL atleast i'm not alone in the world, btw acoustic the amps you spend time with make me whistle, just saying.

And I plan on it, the thing sounded so freaking good =[
The dangerous scenario using instrument cables is that the extra current than it was designed for fries the inner conductor. Uh oh, open circuit - Bang. If lucky you just take a fuse with you. Does the instrument cable still work? If so it's probably something else Bugerad up and had nothing to do with the cable.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
use the exchange method and tell them you have a gig coming this weekend....need ampy now.

good luck.

also find a tech type dude that can bias, resolder, ground, and fix based on BeerChurches Blog. Find it!

Edit: Also, if you gig you really need to buy 8 power tubes asap.

4 for back up. Get some decent preamp tubes too while you are at it. dougstubes.com and thetubestore.com
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 2, 2010,
Man that sucks, I am sorry to hear that. HNAD sorda, but it will get resolved and you will be rockin soon I am sure.
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Has nobody mentioned the transformer clip yet? That's the first thing you check when an old stock Bugera goes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Thats the Soul of Valves for you haha. I clicked this to see what your brootal tube content was but it was hilarious to see another broken bugera. Call me a troll or whatever you fancy but honestly how many broken bugera's have been on these boards since they have been out? Way too many for me to ever buy one but others feel free to buy at your own risk
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
Last edited by TheBrownPenguin at Jul 2, 2010,
Another quality Behringer product.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
Thats the Soul of Valves for you haha. I clicked this to see what your brootal tube content was but it was hilarious to see another broken bugera. Call me a troll or whatever you fancy but honestly how many broken bugera's have been on these boards since they have been out? Way too many for me to ever buy one but others feel free to buy at your own risk

If you know the first thing about tube amps, the issues are easy to fix. Feel free to miss out on a great deal.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
If you know the first thing about tube amps, the issues are easy to fix. Feel free to miss out on a great deal.

+1. More for me.
No one buy any bugera trirec's when they come out. That way I can get mine

srsly, go get it fixed. Your not SOL, bugera will take of you and you'll be playing the br00tz on your booger in no time.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
No one buy any bugera trirec's when they come out. That way I can get mine

srsly, go get it fixed. Your not SOL, bugera will take of you and you'll be playing the br00tz on your booger in no time.

Honestly, I'd wait a month and see if the new amps have any infancy problems like the 333s and 62s had before buying one.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by zeminion
Did the "boom" atleast sound brootal?

rofl

yea take it back, consider finding a used 6505 as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2