it's been a while since i did this.

joining the family

Differences between the two?
Raw power definitely has a brighter tone. it almost feels like i'm playing my strat but with humbucker. but i still like my standard's look way more

i'll try get a clip or a vid up by tomorrow since it is a bit late to turn up the amp.

i'll also try find my camera(i know it's laying around somewhere). knowing my lg dare isn't the best when comes to photography.

REVIEW: (just saw the rules and if i don't add a review i'll get a warning? lol)
first impression, wow what a clean looking guitar. it's just white on top of white. very nicely done, the neck feels very different from my current sg standard. almost feels like a strat. but of course fatter. the tone was just full of energy. i was in awe doing palm muting. definitely recommend this for punk themes. got it off for a good price after discounts from guitar center. only thing i didn't like was the gig bag. i recall receiving a hardshell? when i purchased my les paul and sg standard. so what gives. i'll probably end up getting a hardshell for this when i swing by guitar center or sam ash next time.
Last edited by kckyle at Jul 1, 2010,
shes a beauty :3 HNGD, she looks nice
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
I dont like SG's, but HNGD anyway!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Awwh the pics doesnt do it justice! Lovely guitar, get a better cam dammit :P

HNGD
Quote by phlowtron23
Awwh the pics doesnt do it justice! Lovely guitar, get a better cam dammit :P

HNGD

i'm totally hopeless when it comes to locating stuff in my room lol. in fact i found my cell today by calling it. otherwise i would've had no device to take pictures off
she's actually quite beautiful :-D Congrats bro and HNGD
Would you recommend the raw power series?
Quote by Rcasa630
she's actually quite beautiful :-D Congrats bro and HNGD
Would you recommend the raw power series?

definitely. if you have the cash though i think cause of the satin finish it feels less fragile than my standard. the tone is very punchy, reminds me of 90's stuff like def leppard.
HNGD! i've been curious about the raw power series, does the maple not give it a bit of a piercing top end? I can't imagine a full maple body working too well with gibson humbuckers but then.. i've never tried one. I imagine if it does work well it's got a very nice clear top end, is this the case?

I like your SG standard better though
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Very nice, they seem like a good no frills guitar, I was after an LP version of this but not sure if I'm still gunna go for it

HELLO!

HNGD, I was looking to try the raw power a little while ago but couldn't find any shops that had any, I didn't get one in the end because I wanted to hear what they sounded like before deciding to get one.
Let us know when you got some clips up mate.

Regards
Del
thanks for the comments guys.

@Blompcube
i don't know how to describe it exactly so i'll try my best, the raw power feels like it has a more piercing tone. very top end probably due to the maple. but i feel the standard has a much smoother and darker tone, i would prefer my standard for more metal oriented materials.

@Delboyuk_01
yeah their hard to find else where. probably due to uncertainty of mass ordering by private shop owners. if you want a similar tone try out a fat strat. imo that has a pretty close tone orientation.

as for the clip, i'll have to re-setup my pod x3 on my new pc, the old one is so blow it with malware i don't even feel like re-formatting.
Good god theres something about white guitars that makes me want to sell a kidney or something to afford one, nice guitar man love Sg's jealous of both of yours, HNGD.
SMILE!
I like the looks of your new one better. HNGD
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
those things feel great.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD Man!

I was wondering, how is the note clarity on this guitar compared to your mahogany SG?
Quote by kckyle
holy wesley snipes haven't seen you ina while. whatsup

same ole here really. did you make any clips of this thing?

i've played them, we had 2 RP LPs and an SG in.

with the RP guitars, gibson is screwed, because if they do something different people gripe, if they don't, people gripe.

glad you like it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

with the RP guitars, gibson is screwed, because if they do something different people gripe, if they don't, people gripe.

glad you like it.

I know its odd the way people started whining about the new standard Les Paul having robot tuners and such saying they wanted gibson to go back to making 'real' guitars as if they dont have like a huge range of reissues and tradional models that they keep up, its just stupid.
SMILE!
Quote by gregs1020

glad you like it.

gibson have never been able to do anything right it seems. It's just like how a les paul with a volute has less resale value than one without a volute and ed roman bitches about how they don't put volutes on their guitars, when actually, they DID in the '70s but everyone hated it for some reason so they stopped.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by gregs1020

glad you like it.

i'm trying to re-setup my old mini studio but i kept running into technical difficulties. and i don't think using my phone as a recorder would be a good option lol.
Oh. My. God. I need a change of pants.

White w/full pickguard is the ONE AND ONLY color I love on the SG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
Oh. My. God. I need a change of pants.

White w/full pickguard is the ONE AND ONLY color I love on the SG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

red on black works well too u know
Hngd!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.