I'd be bothered by it, but I'd let him do it
111 31%
I wouldn't be bothered by it
162 45%
Unsure
44 12%
Voters: 362.
Page 1 of 6
Lets say you had a son (if you already have one, congratulations unless he's a total douche. Just pretend this thread isn't a hypothetical).

When your son is around 4-12 years old, he's not really interested in boy toys (ya know, Tonka trucks. Action figures. Bionicles. Playboy magazines, the works...), but he's way more interested in playing with girl toys like Barbie, pony stuffed animals and shit.

Would you mind?

I'm asking because I was reading about how in some countries (I think one was Sweden), a lot of the schools in early grades like pre-k or 1st grade encourage the children, no matter the gender, to play with both girl and boy toys.

I personally would say I wouldn't mind at all. I don't see anything wrong with it. But who knows, maybe when I have a son my thoughts will change.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jul 2, 2010,
He's gotta find out about the structures of a woman some time.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind. Toys are toys. If you enjoy playing with them, why should i take that happiness away from you?
Sail upon the open skies
i honestly wouldnt care not at all

as long as my son is gay towards other people and doesnt try to rump his freaking rump on my wood

People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I would encourage my boy to hold a barbie in each hand. Hopefully he'll put one on top of the other.
Quote by sticksause
I would encourage my boy to hold a barbie in each hand. Hopefully he'll put one on top of the other.

sexist bastard
what about mann und mann?

<--whats
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I wouldn't be happy or anything but I'd still let him play with but if he is still 10 and playing with them, they're gone.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I'd be fine with it. Although it's hard to see how he wouldn't be bullied in school
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
If my kid wanted me to buy him barbies for Christmas first thing first is the mom gets a sledgehammer to the face for ruining my man genes and making my son gay. Then my son is going to have to do some ankle grabbing, so I may reimburse his man hood.
I'd let him do it, but I'd rather have a son who plays boys toys so we can have one of those father-son things like catch and whatnot.
You mean my son Tank, future New York Giants Quarterback hall of famer? Ha.

As long as he doesn't come on to me.
When I was about 4 I'd make my Power Ranger Megazord beat the crap out of the Care Bears. So, at that age, it really doesn't matter. Toys are toys. An action figure is a doll too.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jul 2, 2010,
I'd smack it out of his hand and put a beer in it.

Nah but seriously I don't know. I guess I would encourage him not to, but if he insisted, I would have no problem with it.
If I had a son, I would be dissapoint
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I have my Kid work hard all day, and learn fancy karate stuff, so he learns to be a bad a$$, then as a reward he gets to play with whatever toy he wants.

When he's older, He will be small but strong from having to work so hard all the time. Hopefully the kids pick on him, so he can teach them a lesson in acceptance... and a$$ kicking.
Dunno. Probably not. I got 2 "boys". Ya both of them are older than the average pit monkey. I just rolled with what they threw at me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Well if any of you had even come close to having akid you kinda have thoughts and expectations of what you want them to be. Normally that doesn't include flaming homosexual.

So yeah it would bother me.
Holy shit.

I've gotta go find my Bionicle stuff now. Those things were awesome!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by The_Clansman_
Well if any of you had even come close to having akid you kinda have thoughts and expectations of what you want them to be. Normally that doesn't include flaming homosexual.

I think your view would change upon becoming a father. Serious answer man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by The_Clansman_

Never have children.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by Jackal58
I think your view would change upon becoming a father. Serious answer man.

Maybe. I was there for the birth of all 3 of my nephews. So I'm closer to it than any other pit monkey besides you.
Quote by BeastlyBassist

Never have children.

Yeah cause I don't have any experience
Last edited by The_Clansman_ at Jul 2, 2010,
When I was really young, I played with dolls a lot cause I had two sisters and most of my cousins were girls too so that was the only way I could relate to them. I was mostly playing with the Barbie Corvette though. If anything, it made me miss my own toys even more and would be glad to play with my action figures and cars again with my friends.
^Jackal owns again.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

It might make me raise an eyebrow and put down my drink for a second. But then I'd just move along.
I wouldnt really care, id just teach him to fight like a crazy dude so he can kick the asses of anybody who gives him problems about it
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by The_Clansman_
Yeah cause I don't have any experience

Right, because taking away a kid's toys for reasons he doesn't know, understand or have any control over is totally alright. Wouldn't want him to become a "flaming homosexual" now would you?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Right, because taking away a kid's toys for reasons he doesn't know, understand or have any control over is totally alright. Wouldn't want him to become a "flaming homosexual" now would you?

+1

When my brother was younger, he'd play all day with my sisters dolls and shit, and he's not a "flaming homosexual".
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by The_Clansman_
Maybe. I was there for the birth of all 3 of my nephews. So I'm closer to it than any other pit monkey besides you.

Do you wish them their happiness? That's all I want for my kids. I taught them to be responsible for their lives. What they make of their lives is up to them. If they're happy I'm happy for them. That's all I can do.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by BeastlyBassist

You truly underestimate a kid's understanding. They aren't some stupid object. They understand a whole lot more than you give them credit for. My 3 year nephew comprehends a whole lot more than you right now.
Quote by Jackal58
Do you wish them their happiness? That's all I want for my kids. I taught them to be responsible for their lives. What they make of their lives is up to them. If they're happy I'm happy for them. That's all I can do.

Yes I do, but I also have an idea of how I would like the to turn out. I'm the father figure to 2 of my nephews so I do care about them more than anything. It's just that walking in to find someone who is almost your son to see they aren't turning out the way you want is weird. Trust me I ran into this a couple times before.
Last edited by The_Clansman_ at Jul 2, 2010,
It depends. If hes tying M80's to them or melting them or something I'd encourage him, but if he's playing dress up I'd beat him.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
It depends. If hes tying M80's to them or melting them or something I'd encourage him, but if he's playing dress up I'd beat him.

And here we have a lesson in serial killer 101.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by The_Clansman_
You truly underestimate a kid's understanding. They aren't some stupid object. They understand a whole lot more than you give them credit for. My 3 year nephew comprehends a whole lot more than you right now.

Yeah okay man. You keep telling yourself that you can fend off the gay from your future kids by making them do only what you allow them to.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

I would feel like I wasn't a very good role model. I grew up helping my dad with race cars and lawn mowers, and manly stuff lol... and so that's what I became interested in. If my son started liking things which are way far out from what I like, I wouldn't mind, but I would feel like I haven't involved myself enough in his childhood.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible