Well, I was thinking of replicating Tom's ATH guitar. It was a no-go, due to body color failures.

So, I have a limit of 200 to spend on a guitar, I would like it to be electric.
Can anyone give me some ideas of nice looking/sounding guitars for the price?
Thanks alot.
Quote by Somekid94
Music preference?
What amp do you have?

I'm probably going to buy a 10W Fender Amp soon after getting the guitar...
Music Preference? I'm looking at Rock and Metal.
Alright.

This guitar HERE should do well and if you don't like the hassle of having a double locking tremolo you can choose THIS one.

If you want a brand name guitar (like Jackson, Fender, ESP, Gibson, etc...)

An Ibanez ART series guitar might do well.

There aren't a lot of really great guitars at that price level... That's the best i can come up with.
Quote by Somekid94
Alright.

This guitar HERE should do well and if you don't like the hassle of having a double locking tremolo you can choose THIS one.

If you want a brand name guitar (like Jackson, Fender, ESP, Gibson, etc...)

An Ibanez ART series guitar might do well.

There aren't a lot of really great guitars at that price level... That's the best i can come up with.

Thanks for the tip. I'm really liking the Douglas.
Btw, What does a double locking tremolo do exactly?
Locks the strings at the nut and the bridge so your strings dont get caught in them and throw your tune off when you dive bomb.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Locks the strings at the nut and the bridge so your strings dont get caught in them and throw your tune off when you dive bomb.

Ohhh, Thankies :3
Quote by Mister Raptor
Ohhh, Thankies :3

Just be advised (and I am assuming this because you asked about locking hardware) that a locking tremolo like a Floyd Rose should be deeply considered. I almost bought one but when I found out how much of a hassle string changes/different tunings was I was turned off completely.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Just be advised (and I am assuming this because you asked about locking hardware) that a locking tremolo like a Floyd Rose should be deeply considered. I almost bought one but when I found out how much of a hassle string changes/different tunings was I was turned off completely.

Kinda sounds how I felt with this old acoustic I found in my attic.

The Guitar I'm looking at now, has Locking Tremolo.
Quote by Mister Raptor
Kinda sounds how I felt with this old acoustic I found in my attic.

The Guitar I'm looking at now, has Locking Tremolo.

Before you buy it, read the FR setup guide, and make sure you're prepared and knowledgeable about double locking trems before you come bitching and crying on here.

No offense really intended to you, I'm just tired of all the people who buy FR guitars without even knowing what an FR is, and then come on here thinking their guitar is broken or something.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If your a beginner, don't get a FR guitar it's a pain in the ass if you don't know what you are doing.
I highly recommend you do NOT get a FR guitar. If you are not sure what you're doing you can cause your bridge to sink in to the body. Also it's probably gonna take an hour or so to change strings for the first time.

Another thing, your preferences are way too vague. It would be a lot easier for us to help you if you be a little more specific, for example, tone, body shape, pickup configuration, genre you're intending to play, that sort of stuff.

Also I recommend your amp not be too shitty as it is probably just as, if not more important than the guitar. Good luck
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay