Post any and all of your musical plans for July! Can be anything from 'writing a song' to 'practicing 2 hours a day' or 'work on scales'!

As for me, I plan to:

1) Cover Stevie Ray Vaughan's entire 'Texas Flood' album
2) Release 2-3 New Albums
3) Work on my Slide skills
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Get a new amp
Work on getting a new band
Write some new songs
Work on learning Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by JackWhite333

2) Release 2-3 New Albums

2-3 new albums?
Damn. My band and I completed one and that was back in February 2008! Still haven't got anything new yet. I'm in the process of writing. So...I guess that goes into my plans...to write some new material.

1. Write some new material. All writing starts on the acoustic. I plan to make the next project completely acoustic.

2. Practice scales

3. Work on my slide skills as well. I just purchased a glass slide the other day. Never played slide before. Haven't got the hang of it yet.

4. Explore some new sounds on the strat. I've been in love with shoegaze for awhile now.

5. Use even more reverb on my voice.
July seems to be the month for slide skills. I'm putting a bunch of time into it, and my girlfriend's dad just got a dvd on playing slide because he's been meaning to do it for a while too. Aside from that, I just want to crank my Orange with a drummer. Very excited for that!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
write some songs
rerecord some of my older stuff in better quality
learn how to play the piano
finish twin sgs
Hmm, well ....

1: Write enough material for my new band to start playing shows by August.
2: Get a new bass amp.
3: Fix up my old acoustic archtop, and make it playable.
4: Fix up my old first act electric and make it semi-gigable.
5: Learn to play by ear.
I'm FAT!
1.Learn to sing and play simultaneously (already got Nothing Else Matters down so nothing big here) and expand my "library" of songs I can play and sing

2.Learn to play some Metal solos. Pretty self explanatory

3.Carefully trying to break out of the pentatonic shapes in my blues playing and including outsides notes and chromatic passages.

All on the side of practicing my techniques and of course playing songs i like =)
Participate in the "write an album in a month" thread. Should be fun! I haven't written a whole song in a few years, much less an album. This should get things going.
I'm working for four days at the Taste of Minnesota starting tomorrow! Should be awesome!

Aside from that, I'll be continuing my epic battle between not playing and having chronic hand pain.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
-learn all my diatonic 7th chords (arpeggio) for all 12 major and minor keys in and out of positions.
-practice them, modulating the tonic key by a half step with each chord
-be able to comp chords while keeping a walking bass line going
-being able to solo over falling grace (steve swallow) and dolphin dance (herbie hancock) melodically, and using consistant 8th notes with no accompaniment at q=70.
-finish the first section (C Major) of Technique of the Saxophone, Volume 2: Chord Studies (by Joe Viola, and on the guitar).
- Get new amp.
- Practice acoustic/fingerpicking stuff (like country and classical style)
- Work even harder on getting a blues/rock/jazz trio
- Practice fusion, as per every month, but always goes badly
- Work on jazz style soloing (as above )
- Get some more videos up
- Transcribe. A lot.
-get new acoustic
-get new slide (i just lost mine the other day)
-practise acoustic country and blues
-work on my fusion playing
-work on speed
-learn some acoustic songs
-try and write some post rock
you are what you is
Teach month two of our Summer Shred Academy (Sweeping)
Play 1-3 gigs depending upon any additional bookings management makes.
Develop some new teaching insights Ive been working on recently and append them to my present curricula
Id like to say make more progress on my solo album, but I cant see that happening, way too busy these days.
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jul 2, 2010,
i'll probably just noodle around for 10 minutes and then beat myself up for being so poorly skilled
1) Finish learning Bland Street Bloom
2) Make a video of me soloing to Giant Steps and see what I could do to improve
3) Finish the song I'm writing (for guitar).
4) Finish at least one of the songs for the DIY Video Game project that I've yet to do... it's just so hard.
5) Attempt a Sonata of some sorts so I have a little more to show the Berklee auditioners
6) Get AP results
7) Rejoice/cry
-Work on learning how to write for four voices.

I have quite a busy summer, so I don't know how much I can get done.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
-Work on learning how to write for four voices.

I have quite a busy summer, so I don't know how much I can get done.

If you need any help, contact me. It's one of my favorite things to do ;]

I know Griff knows how to do it as well, and I'm pretty sure Aeolian does too.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
If you need any help, contact me. It's one of my favorite things to do ;]

I know Griff knows how to do it as well, and I'm pretty sure Aeolian does too.

Thanks. Who needs a class when you got MT?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jul 2, 2010,
Learning how to play roots instead of working on the Liebman book so guitards don't bitch at me for being too awesome

Continue trolling children as I'm sitting here practicing intonation and stuff.
Last edited by Pillo114 at Jul 2, 2010,
-Buy an audio interface so I can start recording.
-Merge my love of electronic music with guitars 'n shit.
-Read this book on classical form I have that has been doing nothing but gathering dust.
-Get better at fingerpicking.
Quote by c_foster88
2-3 new albums?
Damn. My band and I completed one and that was back in February 2008! Still haven't got anything new yet. I'm in the process of writing. So...I guess that goes into my plans...to write some new material.

Yea, I'm always writing. I can only play bass and guitar though, and sing horribly, so my recordings dont have drums. They're more sketches or ideas than fully fleshed out works. I finished 7 unmastered albums between the months of April and June...
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
-I like to pick a specific genre to focus learning a bunch of songs/riffs from every month. July is looking like it's gonna be Hardcore/Post-Hardcore. I've already learned like 3 Thrice songs entirely, because Teppei is amazing. So, continuing with that.

-Get my band's album mastered.

-Cross my fingers that my band gets to play at Warped.

-I also plan on practicing my blues more.
-Write more music (this is always a goal for me)
--Try to get some stuff recorded with my band
--Try to get some gigs with my band
-Start teaching lessons (I hope I can find some students!)

I think that's about it. I just started a landscaping job (probably will be close to 50 hours a week), so I'm pretty busy now, but I'd like to get some of this stuff done.

Edit: There's always the given:

-Learn miscellaneous theory
-Work on ma skillz
-Work on my improv (phrasing, melodic control, and avoiding being confined by scales/riffs)
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jul 2, 2010,