Are there any freeware VSTs that work with Pro Tools? Every one I've tried to download won't work. Am I missing something?
Quote by whatadrag
Are there any freeware VSTs that work with Pro Tools? Every one I've tried to download won't work. Am I missing something?

Explain more. Is the VST not showing up, or is it just not opening in ProTools with an error or something?
I think the problem is I don't properly know how to load them into Pro Tools. I downloaded the Tube Screamer Secret and I couldn't figure out how to load it, also the catharsis-awesome-fredman cab impulse thing, as well as a synth VST a couple weeks ago.

I just really need some help getting them to load
Pro Tools LE for windows 7

EDIT: ^Yikes^ I don't really have 100 bucks right now is there any other way?
Last edited by whatadrag at Jul 2, 2010,
hmm, nasty combo. Last time I checked, PT didn't really work well on W7 and is still in beta testing for that OS.

anyways, the wrapper should do the trick for those VST plugins

FXpansion is the only one I know of and also works well, you may be best off just buying that in the end.
but search around google a bit for a free one...I know know of any.

"vst to rtas wrapper"
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 2, 2010,
I haven't really had any trouble with it this far. I haven't checked for a new update, I think mine is still the Beta version.
Quote by moody07747
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=241626

which version of PT are you using?
PT itself doesnt work with VSTs but rather RTAS so you need an wrapper as stated in the above link.

this. protools does not support VST's. RTAS is what you are after (and will probably have to pay for too).

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Its either the VST to RTAS wrapper or nothing at all. Its worth the $100 since it works pretty well and runs pretty much everything I've thrown at it.

I've heard rumors that Digidesign/Avid may open up Pro Tools to not only run VST plugins but also so that you may use it with any interface. Then again, its a rumor and the rumor came from a Guitar Center employee so who knows on that one.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
you can get a native instuments plug in that you can rewire into protools that uses vst and is a lot better than the wrapper it doesnt work all the time

i heard that from a few protools 310 lecturers at college
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Last edited by hans the lefty at Jul 2, 2010,
Quote by lockwolf
Its either the VST to RTAS wrapper or nothing at all. Its worth the $100 since it works pretty well and runs pretty much everything I've thrown at it.

I've heard rumors that Digidesign/Avid may open up Pro Tools to not only run VST plugins but also so that you may use it with any interface. Then again, its a rumor and the rumor came from a Guitar Center employee so who knows on that one.

Knowing how long they have been locking down to specific hardware, I doubt they will just open up...but hey it would be great if they did.
I still would prefer working on Sonar and Audition though...