Today I found a Jackson DK2T guitar in the local guitar shop and I've been wanting a Schecter Hellraiser c-1 but it would have to be shipped from America, the DK2T's only downfalls (so I've heard) is the bolt neck and the tuners, but what seems really good is that I'd have way better customer support from the local shop then from America.

The specs for the DK2T

Neck: Bolt on Maple
Scale length: 25. 5'
Number of Frets:24
Fret Size:Jumbo Frets
Nut Material:Graphite
Nut Width: / 1.6875" (43 mm)
Inlays:MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB4 Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH2
Pickup Switching:3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls:Master Volume, Master Tone
Hardware:Black
Bridge:JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
Tunersie-Cast Tuners

Specs for Hellraiser C-1

Construction/Scale: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
Body: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
Neck/Fingerboard: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
Inlays: Gothic Cross
Pickups: EMG active 81TW/89
Electronics: Vol(tap)/Vol(tap)/Tone/3-way switch
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
Binding: Abalone
Tuners: Grover
Hardware: Black Chrome
Colors Available: Black Cherry , Gloss Black White

The schecter is more expensive than the Jackson by about $50, but there won't be any good customer service and the neck isn't as nice
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
A bolt on neck isn't a downfall, it's just s preference.

The Schecter is a better guitar though. The Hellraisers are ****ing amazing.

But:

They will sound completely different than each other. They aren't really comparable. While the Jackson is Alder/Maple with passive SD's, the Schecter is all Mahogany, with active EMG's- they won't sound anything alike.

And do you have an amp that will do them justice? (The Hellraiser especially)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I havent played that particular schecter,but judging by the specs alone,It looks like the schecter is better

but it does not have an OFR,it has a FRT 1000
Quote by archenemyfan

but it does not have an OFR,it has a FRT 1000

So? There isn't a justifiable difference to get one over the other. And for the record, the Schecter site does say Original Floyd Rose.

Also, TS, is that what you're even looking at? The C-1 Hellraiser is a string though with a TOM, while the C-1 Hellraiser FR has the OFR.

Also, are you familiar with both brands/guitars? I find it hard to believe that you can like both enough to get either - they're necks are as different as night and day. The Jackson is very thin, like Ibanez, whereas Schecter necks (particularly on the Hellraiser models) are more like baseball bat/Gibson necks.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
So? There isn't a justifiable difference to get one over the other. And for the record, the Schecter site does say Original Floyd Rose.

Also, are you familiar with both brands/guitars? I find it hard to believe that you can like both enough to get either - they're necks are as different as night and day. The Jackson is very thin, like Ibanez, whereas Schecter necks (particularly on the Hellraiser models) are more like baseball bat/Gibson necks.

there is a justifiable difference between the two,even though most of you wouldnt agree with me,the OFR is made with better quality materials,and I have heard that FRT's wear off quickly compared to OFR's...the FRT is basically a budget OFR..

and yes schecter site does say that it has the OFR but its not true..I personally mailed a schecter rep and thats what he told me

and BTW,jackson necks arent as thina ibanez's
Jackson necks are pretty thin, but they're really wide. Comfy though.

Have never played a schecter, but Jackson's are definitely good in terms of value for money.

Id feel that Jackson's are made more for leads/shredy stuff.

And the schecters are more for rhythm and a bit of solo dabbling.
Quote by archenemyfan
there is a justifiable difference between the two,even though most of you wouldnt agree with me,the OFR is made with better quality materials,and I have heard that FRT's wear off quickly compared to OFR's...the FRT is basically a budget OFR..

and yes schecter site does say that it has the OFR but its not true..I personally mailed a schecter rep and thats what he told me

and BTW,jackson necks arent as thina ibanez's

Not justifiable for most people. The FR-1000 series are good enough, for most people. Having the "Original Floyd Rose" is mostly an elitism thing, if you ask me. I mean, hell, I have a Floyd Rose Special, an an Ibanez LoTrs II, and they both work perfectly fine. I abuse them and they come back exactly to zero every time - and the Lo Trs II is about 7 years old. As long as the bridge does that, then I see no reason why a better one is needed.

I didn't say Jackson necks were the same as Ibnanez, I said they were similar - and they are the most similar to Ibanez available, as far as I'm aware.

Not trying to start a shitfest, but I'll elaborate on my statements, as I feel it is a service in the end to the TS, and I want him to be informed and aware of people's opinions on things.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quality wise, both guitars are more or less on the same level. I think the biggest question is whether you realle need a floyd or not. Remember: it's a pain in the ass to tune, put on new strings, set up intonation, while a TOM bridge is easy as snapping your fingers. And i'd rather have a bolt on guitar than a cheaply made neckthru. I yet have to play a neckthru guitar under 1000$ that has the harmonics and the attack that a guitar of that price should have. Neckthru construction IS expensive. You can imagine that manufacturers that build 600-1000$ neckthru guitars must save on SOMETHING.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 2, 2010,
Quote by Offworld92
Not justifiable for most people. The FR-1000 series are good enough, for most people. Having the "Original Floyd Rose" is mostly an elitism thing, if you ask me. I mean, hell, I have a Floyd Rose Special, an an Ibanez LoTrs II, and they both work perfectly fine. I abuse them and they come back exactly to zero every time - and the Lo Trs II is about 7 years old. As long as the bridge does that, then I see no reason why a better one is needed.

Lotrs and trems like that are hit or miss,I've seen edge III's that have crapped out within months

I honestly think that FRT=/= OFR,its like comparing LTD and ESP,epiphone and gibson..

but yeah,if you're not a heavy trem user and a quality freak like I am,it will be enough for you..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 2, 2010,
The Schecter is for metal and nothing else, since it has EMGs. Whereas with the Jackson you can have other sound preferences since it has passive SDs which are very good pickup combinations. Again if you are a shred/soloing guy then Jackson is for you cause the neck is shred-friendly. Schecter neck is a bit thick.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
The Schecter is for metal and nothing else, since it has EMGs. Whereas with the Jackson you can have other sound preferences since it has passive SDs which are very good pickup combinations. Again if you are a shred/soloing guy then Jackson is for you cause the neck is shred-friendly. Schecter neck is a bit thick.

You're an idiot,dude. EMG's weren't even designed for metal, and they can play anything you want to play with them. Don't be ignorant and jump on the br00talz EMG's bandwagon. They do metal very well, but they can do anything else as well, as long as you actually know how to adjust settings on your amp and guitar. The Hellraiser can especially because it has the 81TW/89.

TS, I said this before, but don't get the Hellraiser if you don't have or have plans to get a good amp that will let the EMG's work.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Also, TS, is that what you're even looking at? The C-1 Hellraiser is a string though with a TOM, while the C-1 Hellraiser FR has the OFR.

I'm looking for a fixed bridge yeah.
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666

Damn straight.
Quote by metalter

I heard the schecter is very versatile because of the coil taps, I'm looking for an all round guitar, and I do prefer SDs to EMGs.
The thin neck is whats really drawing me to the Jackson, the necks worth $399 on eBay alone, and the pickups are like $450. So I reckon the Jackson is very good value for money.
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666

Damn straight.
Yeah id go with jackson, it sounds more like wat u want, and SDs are far better than Emgs IMO, especially for cleans, I personally wouldn't wanna use the single coil tones on a hellraiser, and id rather pull out my les paul for cleans, but with my blackjack (schecter with Jb/59 set and set thru like hellraiser) i love using cleans and single coil tones, look at schecter blackjacks too, but i think jackson will be better for u
Eh.
id go schecter

Ive played both and schecter just feels more "solid"

a real mans guitar
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Get the ofr or frt-1000 over a licensed Floyd any day. That would be the biggest deciding factor if you don't intend to upgrade to an original, or you get a hardtail.

Second factor, neck profile and finish. Satin finish is way faster and easier to shred on any day. The hellraiser has a pretty decently thin neck, unless you're one of those people that just has to have the thinnest neck, but it's thinner than a lot of guitars and close to the Jackson, though not as thin.

Wood type too, sound and wieght is affected by wood type. Google tonewood for more info.

And pickups are important too, especially when comparing actives to passive, there's a big difference. You cab get a good idea on YouTube if you just search for passive vs active pickups.