Now I suffer sounds good, but I don't like the vocals at all..
Hey your band's stuff sounds really good! There's just something with the vocals that don't really hit me.. Keep up the good work nonetheless!
hey great work your own style, the vocals are cool they sound a tad like hatebreed, not bad tho i dig it.. i would listen to it if i could get the CD.. you pulled it together quite quick well done keep it up.... my only crit, make the songs a lil longer, just for more awesomeness

take a listen to my electrocore band and crit its on my profile or go to this thread

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332162
Digital Drums? I dig it. I love old school hardcore, but I really love hardcore punk and melodic hardcore.

Do you guys listen to boy sets fire, early rise against, kid dynamite, lifetime, or strike anywhere? If not, give those bands a listen.

Oh yeah, and INDK as well. And Leftover Crack, not that they are hard core bands, but they rule.

Oh yeah, and I saw ruiner with the Bronx recently, and they ruled...I think they were with the bronx...no wait...they were playing with polar bear club and strike anywhere. Too bad they are broken up now...

Anyway, onto the criticism,

The only thing I really disliked were the vocals. That guttural growl, while you guys seem to have it down, is so cliche and uninteresting. You should try a different style of vocals, and not pig squeals. I don't know if you guys are interested, but you should try singing/shouting instead of belching. Also, more speed!!!! Breakdowns shmakedowns, anyone can do that. I played in a ska band and during practice we would fool around with breakdowns. Yeah. They suck. LISTEN TO KID DYNAMITE.

Don't get me wrong though, if you find a drummer who can play like that, or if I am wrong and you do have a live drummer, then you would be fun to watch live anyway.

Write more songs like suffocate.

Here is mine.

Click here and crit for me?

There is a link there for a hardcore punk project I started in college this year. Listen to Identity theft if you want to check it out.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
I dig hardcore and stuff but that seems more "old-style" to me. Which is the kind I don't like.

Just because it's not generic metalcore doesn't mean it's "old-style". Look up Black Flag. That is "old-style".

Quote by Bobdrick
Digital Drums? I dig it. I love old school hardcore, but I really love hardcore punk and melodic hardcore.

Do you guys listen to boy sets fire, early rise against, kid dynamite, lifetime, or strike anywhere? If not, give those bands a listen.

Oh yeah, and INDK as well. And Leftover Crack, not that they are hard core bands, but they rule.

Oh yeah, and I saw ruiner with the Bronx recently, and they ruled...I think they were with the bronx...no wait...they were playing with polar bear club and strike anywhere. Too bad they are broken up now...

Anyway, onto the criticism,

The only thing I really disliked were the vocals. That guttural growl, while you guys seem to have it down, is so cliche and uninteresting. You should try a different style of vocals, and not pig squeals. I don't know if you guys are interested, but you should try singing/shouting instead of belching. Also, more speed!!!! Breakdowns shmakedowns, anyone can do that. I played in a ska band and during practice we would fool around with breakdowns. Yeah. They suck. LISTEN TO KID DYNAMITE.

Don't get me wrong though, if you find a drummer who can play like that, or if I am wrong and you do have a live drummer, then you would be fun to watch live anyway.

Write more songs like suffocate.

Here is mine.

Click here and crit for me?

There is a link there for a hardcore punk project I started in college this year. Listen to Identity theft if you want to check it out.

You're really, really annoying and you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I'm not going to pick apart your post, just shut up. Please.

OT: TS I liked it a lot. Very straight up, very angry...does exactly what it says on the tin really. Kinda reminds me of Reign Supreme and Your Demise. Which is a good thing. A bit more variety in the vocals would be nice I guess, but that sort of hardcore with vocals this "metal-y" is fairly uncommon anyway, so it's cool regardless. No complaints about song structure or anything, but the main issue I have is with the recording quality. It's all very....digital. I mean obviously there's the drums, but the guitar tone sounds kinda artifitial as well. Other than that, it's pretty damn good. Not really my favourite sort of hardcore, but you're good at what you do.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Jul 4, 2010,
While I much prefer hardcore in the traditional sense (Bad Brains, Black Flag, early AFI), this isn't bad. It's somewhere between the typical synth-laden crap of today and late Black Flag, once they started to get all sludgy. It actually reminds me of DevilDriver, which is cool. Its not what I expected it to be, so I was pleasantly surprised. The vocals are generic, but not bad, and the music is cool. You have a pretty good formula, I think.

Check out my hardcore punk band? Deranged Youth We're basically early 80's hardcore with a touch of classic metal and prog.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jul 3, 2010,