Here is the second "single" from my Poppish side project, "What Happened That Night" off the second project I'm working on for them. I think the breakdown has a nice intense rhythm to it, it even impressed me! I can't really say that about much of my stuff. Like, seriously, the only times my music has ever impressed me, is like my Electronica stuff, and a few songs off the first project by WHTN.

But check it out, also I've been collaborating with a friend on some new music, so you might could look forward to that, I know this one is relatively short, but hey, it's a good song (to me). ENJOY!

ALSO: I only put vocals over the bridge for 2 reasons:

1. That's the only vocals I've written.
2. The bridge would sound totally repetitive without it.

ONE MORE THING: The gunshot is a band chant of "STOP!".

Crit4Crit.

P.S. I took the intro from another song off this second project to show some variety, because I rarely post here often.
Attachments:
[06] I Didn't Really Name This Song.gp5
[06] I Didn't Really Name This Song.gp4
[06] I Didn't Really Name This Song.mid
[09] Got Her Digits.gp5
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Last edited by defiance64 at Jul 2, 2010,
Listened to the song and I apologise I can't give an indepth crit,
but I'll do my best with the time I have.

It sucked you only had vocals in the bridge done, it was a lovely melody, and I'd love to hear what the vocals for the whole song would be like!

The only thing that wasn't very good, IMO, was the transition between the pre chorus (bar 22) and chorus (bar 23).

Other than that, great solid song.
An easy 9/10.

Sorry for the brief crit.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Yeah I will post a version with all the lyrics and vocals eventually, but probably only after I post the entire album, and I will work on the transition thanks for pointing that out And it's cool dude a the thought is all that counts.

i have to say i didnt like got her digits at all so im not gonna crit that

as for i didnt really name this song. i loved it, plain and simple. i wish you finished the vocals though :P id have to say the break... up part was my favourite part.

make it longer please
*lurk lurk lurk*

Guess who! Shocking isn't it?

Crit time.

I liked the drums at 11, and I'm thinking you should have more parts with that beat.

Chorus. God dammit it's SO catchy. I hate you lol D:

Break...up- Har har, you sly dog you.
I'm liking the rhythms

I think you need to turn the kickdrums in the prechorus into sixteenth notes for a bit more energy, it feels like not enough is going on.

Too short, my defiant friend. Other than length there weren't many problems, maybe a solo here or there, right after the second chorus maybe?

I'll be lurking around if you need me. Trying to get out of my creative slump.
AYE! if you LOVE

FOXY SHAZAM!
Squares my main infant! You're so infamous to me. lol nah, what's up dude? It's been so long! The drums at 11 were sampled in an older song called "No, That Ain't No Double Negative" during the Verse II part. Not the exact same rhythm but the overall shell-fashion was included. I wrote the chorus for you lol. jk. Breakup is just a happy breakdown lol. Double bassing in a happy song, are you nuts? jk, Nah I thought about it myself to be honest. As for a solo, I considered it myself, but I was on the mindset that, "8 other songs on the album have a solo, and I shouldn't be too predictable," ya know? You should stay with us Squares, we miss you. lol and by WE I mean me. lol

Quote by Squares
Too short, my defiant friend. Other than length there weren't many problems, maybe a solo here or there, right after the second chorus maybe?

That was the main thing that stood out to me too. It seemed short, but I liked what you had for both pieces.

Would have liked to see more vocals, as a few people said. Do you have lyrics for this anywhere now?

The drums seemed a bit weird during the break-up though. I mean, the ride and snare on the consecutive 16th notes. It seemed a tad unrealistic; you'd probably have to thrash your hands quickly before developing an RSI-related injury. Having said that, I loved the drum beat at the end. I'm really wishing I could have used something like that.

Overall, I'd give it about a 7.5/10. C4C?
Quote by chestercheetah
this guys gonna sh*t his pants when he listens to master of puppets and finds out its all down picking

Quote by whalepudding
If it was "Need to catch my dog pooing under my piano..." it would be thread of the decade.
Crap...eh, I figured I'd crit something of his since he posted in one of my threads.
Quote by chestercheetah
this guys gonna sh*t his pants when he listens to master of puppets and finds out its all down picking

Quote by whalepudding
If it was "Need to catch my dog pooing under my piano..." it would be thread of the decade.
Well, technically, this song IS still up for crit (via my signature) but it is relatively old. I've gotten a lot better at writing you should do a later song of mine instead if you want to do one haha. A critique on this song is meaningless to me, I'll take it from my sig, sorry, I'll crit you back though.

-- No one respond after this.