can you guys out there help me out here? which one should i go for? a overdrive pedal? or a change in pickups.?

Thanks.
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter
oh okay.. so i'm running on a Blackstar HT-5 amp with an epiphone LP custom. and i play more of rock,blues,metal. and i'm planning to swap my pickups for emgs if i'm not getting a pedal. i'm actually fine with my tone now, but it could be better. i've heard a change in pickups can actually make your pinch harmonics louder. my technique's there.but it's just on the lower strings(thicker strings) it doesn't come out too ''bold'',should i say. and i'm heavily influenced by the sound of zakk wylde.
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter
If i were you, id go for the pups first. just make sure you know how to install them properly unless youve done it before.
Quote by JD2k9
If i were you, id go for the pups first. just make sure you know how to install them properly unless youve done it before.

oh cool.thanks but does it make a difference about what type of wood my guitar is? i mean, pickups makes a difference with the sound but does the wood play a role too?

I love Schecter
pickups are always a good start. but also pedals are good too. what is your budget? have you changed or installed pickups before?i would say get new pickups first.