Hi.I'm new to Ultimate Guitar forum,but i need to ask this question.I'm in need of a Overdrive/Distortion pedal and i would like it in the same device,so at my local shop there are a couple of pedals which could suit my needs.These are: Boss OS-2,Behringer OD 300 and DigiTech Screamin' Blues OD.If you think up another pedal with a price around 80$ or less or maybe a bit more if it's a good one.I need it for Indie rock (Arctic Monkeys,Muse,Bloc Party and other British Indie rock bands) primarily and classic rock perhaps.Not Metal or such.Any help would be appreciated.
I'd take the Screamin Blues out of those three
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I just bought a Boss DS-1 yesterday. Love it already. Can get a mix of distortions on it from subtle crunches to creamy distortion. It's only £40 here, don't know how much in dollars though, but I would recommend it.

I've also heard good things about Electro Harmonix Muff pedals. Might want to look into that, pretty good prices for them too.
i quite like the boss overdrives, but its really your own preference.
go to a store and try out all 3 take your time to find which one you like most.
Quote by homeless-john
I just bought a Boss DS-1 yesterday. Love it already. Can get a mix of distortions on it from subtle crunches to creamy distortion. It's only £40 here, don't know how much in dollars though, but I would recommend it.

I've also heard good things about Electro Harmonix Muff pedals. Might want to look into that, pretty good prices for them too.

I have the DS-1 and it's ok for a first distortion pedal. I upgraded a while back to the Big Muff Russian and it's a monster. EH pedals are awesome.
Well,i want that Indie sound,which means i don't need some heavy distortion.I want that really cool sounding overdrive but i need distortion too.If you could listen to A Certain Romance,and those chords that go over the verses,thats the sound i want.
Get the Danelectro Cool cat drive, it's better than those three
Bad Monkey might be good too,but then I wouldn't have distortion right?
I'm not sure about exactly what part of the song A Certain Romance you're talking about, but when Alex and Jamie recorded that album, they used Orange and Hiwatt amps, Alex had a ProCo RAT, Jamie had an MXR M-104 distortion, an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and a TRex Doctor Swamp, if that's any help.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
I'm not sure about exactly what part of the song A Certain Romance you're talking about, but when Alex and Jamie recorded that album, they used Orange and Hiwatt amps, Alex had a ProCo RAT, Jamie had an MXR M-104 distortion, an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and a TRex Doctor Swamp, if that's any help.

Hey FuzzLove.I think it's Alex's part,he plays it while he first starts singing,Oh they might wear...Simply what pedal could make similar sound like theirs?
Quote by Banezi
Bad Monkey might be good too,but then I wouldn't have distortion right?

Bad Monkey can give you distortion if you turn up the gain. It is a Tubescreamer clone. I wouldn't get a Bad Monkey for what you want though. That pedal really shines a clean boost for metal mostly. Gain on '0', Level on '10'. Not saying it is bad, but the Screamin Blues would probably be better for your application. The Dano was a good suggestion too. What country are you in?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Bad Monkey can give you distortion if you turn up the gain. It is a Tubescreamer clone. I wouldn't get a Bad Monkey for what you want though. That pedal really shines a clean boost for metal mostly. Gain on '0', Level on '10'. Not saying it is bad, but the Screamin Blues would probably be better for your application. The Dano was a good suggestion too. What country are you in?

I'm in Serbia,we don't have much of a choice.Mostly Boss,Behringer,DigiTech,Roland,Ibanez...It's sad,but I need one in order to get some sound.I'm not sure about that Boss OS-1,but DigiTech seems more versatile...
If you don't have a wide veriety to choose from, go for the Digitech over the Behringer, definatly.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.