Are these okay? I found one in a local music shop, it's really cool, only $500 australian. Are they okay quality though? They're not a well-known commercial brand (like, say, Epiphone, which I currently own, similar price). I'm not very experienced in the worth of guitars, so are they good guitars? In terms of sound quality, reliability, noise etc.
acoustic or electric? i dont know about electrics, but i like their acoustics. i was going to buy one but ended up getting a tanglewood (look into it if youre looking at acoustics)
give your fingers a spin across the fretboard. see how it plays. I try not to judge a guitar by it manufacturer, but more-so on how it feels, plays, and sounds. But Cort guitars aren't atrocious, by any means.
My brother has a Cort C4H (A bass, but still...) and it's a gorgeous thing and for the cost it's a very solid bass. I'd seriously consider buying a cort.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Doonan
acoustic or electric? i dont know about electrics, but i like their acoustics. i was going to buy one but ended up getting a tanglewood (look into it if youre looking at acoustics)

Well, this is the electric guitar forum

Corts are solid instruments, definately give them a try.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by TomG10-7
Well, this is the electric guitar forum

Corts are solid instruments, definately give them a try.

i completely forgot where i was

on topic: ive heard cort electrics are nice, but as someone back up there said, try it out and see if you like it
Court acoustics are quite nice, especially around the 200-500 range. Great value.
I know nothing about the electrics, and i don't know anyone that owns one, nor have I ever heard one, or heard anyone talking about them. Personally because of this I'm biased and would say they're shit. However this probably isn't the case.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
I have a cort guitar, and for the cheap price i paid for it it had extreme output pickups and the neck was very nice. Ibanez-like, but more rounded. very nice. Also you get a nice slab of mahogany for a body. They have generally good woods/finishes and are nice guitars.
How can you say you know nothing about Cort guitars therefore you are going to assume they are shit? That is pure speculation & assumes every small name must be rubbish which is very far from the truth. The Cort brand is not very widely known as their main business is manufacturing for other brands (including Ibanez) & they are one of the largest guitar manufacturers in the world. I've had a Cort G250 for 5 years and it is very well manufactured for the price and plays nicely. I'm looking for an M600 now.
played many corts, and had 2 basses myself (A6 and C4). the A6 i had was amazing, piano toned and everything (just weighed a ton!)

you can't go wrong for the price, and i've heard that they're subcontracted by ibanez to make a few of theirs anyway!

but its the old adage, you get what you pay for. the lower corts aren't bad by any means, but the more expensive ones are certainly better (much like anything!)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I've owned a cort for quite a while now and it was a great guitar, i never had any problems and I freaking love how it plays so I guess you should try it and if you feel comfortable with it then give it a chance
what models are you talking about though?

my friend has an epiphone firebird, gorgeous guitar, i'd pick that over any similar cort. however, i'd have a cort over say, a epi les paul special/100 (is it?)

edit: plus, i was lucky and got my c4 with a wenge neck before they changed it to maple

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by denied
They are generally solid, well made guitars. I've used a few over the years, and they are a decent option if you are on a budget.

I would be wary of any with a floating trem, they use pretty low quality ones, and it will have problems staying in tune.

most licensed floyds do

the one on my vintage is shit

Quote by metaldud536

I have played a couple of Epiphones, and none of them, except for the Prophecy series (I know don't know about high end LPs though) were better than my KX1Q. Looks awesome, has a really nice mahogany body, good hardware. Maybe the EMG-HZs won't be to your liking, but I do enjoy. Can even get a pretty good clean to out of 'em.
I actually had my friend's LTD H500 for a couple of days, while my Cort was set up, and I yearned for my axe.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Cort are probably the best value around in generally available guitars. I have played most of the electric range and even the cheap X2 play like guitars costing twice as much. Also their quality control is among the best around having heard of very few problems. Retailers like them for the way they play straight out of the box and need little or no fine setup work.
Cort do still make a few models for Ibanez but also for Schecter, Jackson, LTD and many other well respected brands.
The LFR on mine is excellent and I can't imagine it failing in 20 years (with sensible care).
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by IndieMetalhead
what models are you talking about though?

my friend has an epiphone firebird, gorgeous guitar, i'd pick that over any similar cort. however, i'd have a cort over say, a epi les paul special/100 (is it?)

edit: plus, i was lucky and got my c4 with a wenge neck before they changed it to maple
I found a Z42 FT. I had a go at it, it looks great, sounds great unplugged (i didn't plug it in when i tried it), and it plays pretty good too. I think sounds better than my Epi G400, because of a maple neck, and my Epi has been pretty unreliable over the year that i've had it for. My main concern is reliability, because this music store generally doesn't order in really high-end stuff.
Cort is the under child of Cor-Tek which is a well known OEM part manufacturer. I think they're doing some works for Ibanez, Epiphone and the likes. I think their quality is quite solid having owned an acoustic from them.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It was my first guitar. A cort z44 or something like that. It was pretty decent. I think it had EMG pickups and a mahogany body and neck. I liked it.
I have been playing a Cort m600 for the past 5 years now and have found it to be a very versatile ,solid guitar.
I play everything from pop / country / blues and rock about 3 times a week and it handles all styles.
I am living in Wales in the U.K but bought it new from Florida on ebay.
It played well straight from the case, intonation and action spot on , and I used it the night it was delivered. - after several gigs the only thing I replaced were the pickups ( stock Mighty Mites) with Seymour Duncan Jazz neck and JB bridge .
Now it seems the m600 comes with emg hz pickups , so for the money you are getting a very good reliable guitar which will last you years .
Quote by offtherecord
I have been playing a Cort m600 for the past 5 years now and have found it to be a very versatile ,solid guitar.
I play everything from pop / country / blues and rock about 3 times a week and it handles all styles.
I am living in Wales in the U.K but bought it new from Florida on ebay.
It played well straight from the case, intonation and action spot on , and I used it the night it was delivered. - after several gigs the only thing I replaced were the pickups ( stock Mighty Mites) with Seymour Duncan Jazz neck and JB bridge .
Now it seems the m600 comes with emg hz pickups , so for the money you are getting a very good reliable guitar which will last you years .

Once you swap out the EMG Hz's you've got a very solid guitar
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The higher end Corts are great guitars. I wouldn't buy anything below an M600 personally. Do you know which one it was? I'm Gasing for an MMP-3
I think it was a Z42 FT, details on first page
My friend has had a Cort bass for years and it's one of the nicest basses I've ever seen.
Well ah, Cort is the largest manufacturer of guitars in the world, but they make alot of other brands such as ibanez and schecter as well. You won't be bad off with a Cort, they're contructed very well and they don't sound half bad either. Depending on what guitar you get, they actually out-shine other branded guitars 2-3 times the price.
Cort makes guitars for Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, Parkwood, G&L, and many others. They mostly are contract manufacturers for the low-end lines, but they also take contracts to build extremely high-end instruments. Their emphasis is definitely not on putting out instruments under the Cort brand.

I happen to own a Cort prototype from around 1980, built as a demo of what Cort could do if they really wanted to. This is a fabulous instrument, flame maple top and back over a maple core, maple/bubinga 5-piece neck, neck-through construction, sophisticated electronics (coil splitting, phase reversal, etc.), string through body, all the bells and whistles. This model never went into production for anyone, so it's a one-off. I love it.
Not a big fan of Cort. It would definately be down on the list of brand if I was spending $500. I know too many people who have had big problems with them.
I Own the COrt Zenox Z42 in wine red. Its one the pre-2006 models and it is me secondary live guitar next to my Ibanez Rg. Very solid guitar. Mines been outfitted with EMG's but out of that its stock and plays great I Just used it with my band at the Opera house in Toronto not to long ago and was fine the whole show.
I have a Cort X-6 SA that I just fitted with two Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers (neck & bridge) & a Duncan Hot Rail (middle). It sounds, plays & looks like a dream. Awesome build quality/finish , no cheapo hardware ...the trem is solid steel, with a black chrome/mirror finish and works fine...don't know why they get a bad rap. I've had no tuning problems at all.

Did I mention incredible tone?

So good, I'm getting an X-6 VPR next week..
i heard cort's were made by slaves, they also produce guitars for PRS and epiphone i heard. That's why they are so cheap because of the slaves. And they are really good quality! I own a g254 and it costed me €240
I'm not gonna lie it sounds brilliant, you can get alot out of these guitars, cort was crap in the beginning so that's why alot of people say it is still crap, but in fact they get better and make really good quality guitars for a low price!
Yeah, I've heard they had labour union trouble, don't know if that amounts to slavery though. Most guitar manufacturers have set up units in Indonesia, china etc and that's obviously for the same/similar reasons. They (Cort) claim it's being motivated/fuelled by vested interests/competiton. (Their guitars are a fraction of the price of the big names and offer the same or better quality..that's definately going to cause problems somewhere ..lol.)

They make intermediate level guitars for just about every manufacturer out there I think (Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Ltd, Prs etc). Chances are if you buy any brand of middle-level guitar , it was made by Cort.
Last edited by GodOfEmptyness at Jul 29, 2010,
I am currently looking at the new Cort Matthias Jabs Garage 2 model. I see severasl models I would love to try (since I have never tried one) but I am seeing alot of bad things about the ones with the Agathis body. It has terrible ratings as far a tonal qualties. Aim for one with Basswood or Mahogany.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by Lurcher
Cort are probably the best value around in generally available guitars. I have played most of the electric range and even the cheap X2 play like guitars costing twice as much. Also their quality control is among the best around having heard of very few problems. Retailers like them for the way they play straight out of the box and need little or no fine setup work.
Cort do still make a few models for Ibanez but also for Schecter, Jackson, LTD and many other well respected brands. The LFR on mine is excellent and I can't imagine it failing in 20 years (with sensible care).

What he said. Cort manufacture many guitars for other companies so they know what they're doing. They're a big name no-name!

I have a Cort acoustic that has been gigged solidly for 10 years, and while my bandmate's Maton has needed all sorts of maintenance, my Cort hasn't required anything more than new strings & batteries.

Great guitars for the money.