So, I just heard on the news that our gov't has accepted building 45 meter (135 ft.) power lines across one of Norway's biggest tourist attraction, the Hardangerfjord.

Like that, but with gigantic high-voltage constructions across.

English article.

Thoughts?
Ofcourse it's sad but if I walk 10 meters outside of my house there are fjords in every direction and I believe many other norwegians have it like this aswell. So it's sad that they build powerlines but there's so many fjords, and besides I don't even live near Hardangerfjord'n
Quote by BeneathTheWell!
Ofcourse it's sad but if I walk 10 meters outside of my house there are fjords in every direction and I believe many other norwegians have it like this aswell. So it's sad that they build powerlines but there's so many fjords, and besides I don't even live near Hardangerfjord'n

It's one of our biggest tourist attractions I do believe the government has enough money to do something else than the thing that damages the environment the most.
Quote by T.s.e
It's one of our biggest tourist attractions I do believe the government has enough money to do something else than the thing that damages the environment the most.

Yea I know what you mean, it's very stupid to ruin one of the few things that makes the Norwegian nature special. Im completely against it and I think this debate has been going on for a couple of years now, and it's sad to see that it had to end like this.
This is ridiculous. Why ruin our biggest tourist attraction when we are fully capable of laying the cables underground?

Nice work, Jens.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Slartibartfast is going to be very upset.
Shame to spoil something so perfect.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"