Hey everyone,
I think this is my first post, and definitely my first thread in A&CG. Basically I was at GC yesterday, just trying out a bunch of acoustics for fun, picked up this Breedlove, and basically fell in love. Plays really smooth, nice rich sound (must be the cedar top), smooth and comfortable to play. I hate my acoustic (see sig) because it sounds bad and is uncomfortable to play, so I've been thinking about getting a new one. Until now, I haven't found an acoustic that I really really like that's within my pricerange ($500, which includes ~$200 from selling current acoustic). So I guess the reason I posted is because I'd like to know if there are any other guitars for around $500 that I should consider before investing in this Breedlove.
Thanks,
BD
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
i wasn't thrilled with the C250/CM, but there's nothing wrong with it and the cedar top is pretty nice. for acoustic electrics, i prefer the yamaha fgx730sc or the fgx720sca myself, but they have a very different sound from the breedlove. you might also want to try the seagull entourage rustic CW QIT and the seagull entourage CW black CW QIT - the seagulls have imo a bigger warmer tone, but then they're bigger guitars with solid cedar tops like the breedlove.
Thanks a lot patticake. If I see any of those guitars around, I'll make sure I check em out. Can I ask why you said you "weren't thrilled" with the Breedlove?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
keep in mind that this is only my personal opinion, so please don't let me sway you from buying a guitar you really like. THE most important thing about any guitar is that the player loves to play it.

i felt it didn't have as much "life" to the sound as some other guitars do. i wish i could explain it better, and it's very probable that different strings could improve that. i've found that to be the case with some lower price takamines, actually to a greater extent than the breedlove. i also found it less rich than say a blueridge or seagull, but still not bad at all. the main issue for me - and obviously not for you - is the thinner 1 11/16" nut, where i prefer a 1 3/4" to 1 7/8". stuff" and which didn't.
Last edited by patticake at Jul 3, 2010,
Hey I have the C250 and I love love love it. It has a great sound I am an Intermediate guitar player and have been playing for 2 years. I got my Breedlove a few months ago and have fallen in love even more than before. But here is what is most important buy what you absolutely love because if you love your guitar you will play it more.

Best of Luck