Great band, almost like an Iced Earth reunion. I just found out about them a couple of days ago, and I love them. They're coming to toronto, but they show is 19+

http://www.myspace.com/charredwallsofthedamned

Line Up:
Singer: Tim "Ripper" Owens
Guitar: Jason Suecof
Bass: Steve DiGiorgio
Drums: Richard Christy

Discuss.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Thats badass man. I'm kinda pissed, but I got maiden and DT tomorrow so I'm good
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
yeah man! Its a weird mix. Kinda like Power/Thrash with a death influence on some songs, really good IMO.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
In the beginning of Ghost Town, it feels like it's going to be a Death Metal song until the vocals kick in, and the part that's played after the second solo in Voices Within the Walls is really brutal and awesome, the vocals probably top off the band along with all of the amazing musicianship.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
^ thats exactly what I thought when I first heard it. I hope they release more stuff with a full length longer then 35 mins, cause they have a great amount of potential, and there is already some chemistry between Christy and DiGiorgio cause they were in Iced Earth at the same time, so I wana hear what they can write.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
These guys rock. My favorite songs of the album are Ghost Town, and Voices Within The Walls
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
All star line-up, just discovered this band after listening to Capharnaum. Pretty good so far, I'll definitely look into getting this album.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
AHAHAHAHAHAH

That "charred walls of the damned" promo should be how their music actually goes.

NOW AVAILABLE...................ON ITUNES!!!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Has anyone listened to their latest album? Worth checking out?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Doesn't sound too bad, but this thread just reminds me of Capharnaum 'cause they're awesome so I'll listen to them instead. :3

I don't really like Tim's vocals, they aren't BAD, just generic sounding to me and if I'm brutally honest, the music sounds like it would fit Heafy's vocals instead. The reason I say him is due to his work with Capharnaum and I can imagine his vocals as of late being perfect for that music.

inb4 plebs crying about forbidden bands
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at Jan 1, 2012,
Quote by The Virtuoso
Has anyone listened to their latest album? Worth checking out?

imo its a lot better than the first album which was pretty awesome and the new album is in the same vain as the first but seems more developed and a lot more catchy. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you liked the first album.
Probably would have lapped this up a year or two ago. Not really interested at all now.
Think they could have come up with a worse band name if they'd tried?
They could have been Avenged Sevenfold or Between the Buried and Me and After the Burial or Bullet For My Valentine or Escape the Fate or Attack Attack...
Quote by Cloaca

I think it's a pretty ****ing awesome name. New album is one of the albums of the year hands down.
Quote by Cloaca

theres a story behind it.

It derives from a series of radio prank calls Richard Christy and Sal Governale made to a Trade radio show on a Christian radio station. In response to the pranks they received, the host described how he prays for them, thus "saving their soul to be saved by God's grace...not in the devil's hell where you'd be putting your nails in the charred walls of the damned".
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
These guys deserve just a little more discussion imo. They truly have a unique sound, crossing over into death metal territory where other power/heavy metal bands fear to tread, while keeping a very "true heavy metal" attitude. The aggression and instrumentation of death metal with the catchy hooks and accessibility of nwobhm and possibly even hard rock/metalcore, the band should be getting more attention than they do.