through a fuzz pedal, specific pickups don't really matter that much. The difference between my gibson les paul neck pickup sound and my ibanez JTK2 neck pickup sound is almost indistinguishable through both my fuzz face and my big muff. It's not worth changing pickups specifically for a fuzz tone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If you want to change your general fuzz tone, get a new fuzz pedal. Also, from what I've seen/heard, single coil pickups work a tiny bit better with fuzz's that humbuckers
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Anything sounds like fuzz through a fuzz pedal tbh
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
Anything sounds like fuzz through a fuzz pedal tbh

But yeah, fuzz pedals don't generally let the natural voicing of your guitar come through as much as an OD pedal would. Just slap in any nice humbucker that you like and that works for the other stuff you play, and you should be set.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses