So, recenty, I stumbled onto something that I think is head voice, as opposed to the falsetto technique I had been using before. It sounds a lot fuller and louder, with more overtones and ringing and resonance. I found this technique using something called a "witch's cackle," where you try to emulate that sort of gritty "Yeeeeee" sound like a witch laughing. This allowed me to get a feel for what head voice should feel like.

Anyway, background info aside, I'm noticing that I seem to experience a natural rasping noise in both ridiculously high notes and notes just above my break. There's no tension, no pain, it's just...there. It reminds me of a lot of metal singers' high notes, with a sort of growl to them, but I always thought there was a dedicated technique they were using to alter their voices. Is it a natural byproduct of head voice? Is it a natural byproduct of my headvoice? Is there a technique for it, which I'm doing without realizing it? I'm confused.
My Gear

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Peavey 5150

Shure SM57

M-Audio Fast Track

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor (3.20 GHz)

Reaper
Could you explain to me how to do the witches cackle technique? I've heard about it, but haven't found much help on it.
It's a dedicated technique, but your voice distorts/overdrives if you push to get notes you can't really sorta kinda can hit.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by Mattofla
Could you explain to me how to do the witches cackle technique? I've heard about it, but haven't found much help on it.

Well, I found out about it via this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4kZHUtqtg. It was helpful for me, maybe you'll have some luck too.
My Gear

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Peavey 5150

Shure SM57

M-Audio Fast Track

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor (3.20 GHz)

Reaper
Yeah, I've seen it. It's a helpful video, but I never caught how to do it. Eh, more practice. :P