Hey Guys.
I was looking for an 80's shred guitar for a pretty low price..
And then I found a old Ibanez Pro Line 1440.
All Pro lines discontinued in 1986.
The one i found was made in 1985 and looks like this:

Info:
Body: Alder wood

Neck: 22 Fret Maple neck w/ Ebony Fretboard

Scale: 25.5'' Scale Neck w/ 1 11/16'' nut

Contour: Thin C shape w/ 12'' Radius

Tuners: Ibanez/Gotoh Smooth Tuner II 18:1 Sealed Tuners

Pickups: 2 Super 7FT single coils, 1 IBZ humbucker

Controls: 1

Bridge: Ibanez Pro Rock'R Bridge

What do you think?
Last edited by ConwayTwitty at Jul 2, 2010,
give the usual checks before handing over your cash, pay particular attention to the knife edges, they might need sharpening or replacing, otherwise a vey nice guitar
Sure, it's a shred guitar from the 80's, but there's a very good reason that they decided to stop making these and shifting production towards RG's all together...

But, as been said, go and try it out, see if you like it. Check it very, very thoroughly before putting money down!
Quote by ibanezgod1973
give the usual checks before handing over your cash, pay particular attention to the knife edges, they might need sharpening or replacing, otherwise a vey nice guitar

The Pro Rock'r doesnt actually have knife edges, it has a rounded pivot point instead.
Still, they'll need to be checked.
Im considering to change the bridge to a Floyd rose
But i read somewhere that it might not fit the pro line :/
There are no direct replacements for the Pro Rocker, you'd need to move the studs if you wanted to (pretty difficult if you arent experienced with that sort of stuff, and IMO it wouldnt be worth it)
The Pro Rocker is a decent trem though, its dive only and its supposed to work just fine, so I dont think it'd need replacing really.
I bought a PL1770 on eBay recently and I LOVE it.. I used it in the Radiohead improv in my sig. If I would have had it earlier I would have recorded Another Brick and Shine On with it as well.. the cleans sound awesome.