So i decided to sell my vypyr 75W today..planned on playing with some people but that didnt work out so im looking to "downgrade " maybe. Out of the 24 or so settings and stompboxes,effects etc. ive realized i only use like 3 amp models (Kstein,rec,XXX) and tube screamer. Figured id be better off selling it and just getting a amp with some pedals instead. I play all kinds of music but mainly ac/dc,def leppard, GNR,Bon Jovi type of stuff..a little metal here and there so id like an amp that can play everything well but mainly a rock type amp. My budget will be around $200 or so and i might be able to afford $300 at most.
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT150H w/MG412A
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Look into Bugera and also get a tubescreamer and an electro harmonix metal muff.

Tubescreamer for the light overdrive such as AC/DC and the muff for the heavier stuff since you did say you liked the Rec channel (which based off of the high gain Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier).

100 for the tubescreamer, and like 80 for the muff if your buying new, but used the pedals will cost about 50 each. THe cheapest bugera is the V5 which is about 150 dollars.
Bugera is probably your best choice, great tube amps at cheap prices with killer distortion, i believe on the 6260 combos theres a crunch button which is seperate from the distortion channel, which is perfect for AC/DC type stuff.
Quote by Jmoarguitar
Bugera is probably your best choice, great tube amps at cheap prices with killer distortion, i believe on the 6260 combos theres a crunch button which is seperate from the distortion channel, which is perfect for AC/DC type stuff.

The 6260 costs like double wat he wants to pay tho.

I say Bugera V5 + Metal Muff and/or Tubescreamer should nail the various tones he desires, although the Muff will hardly attack the low/mid gain stuff such as AC/DC, so the tubescreamer may become a must in that case. Altogether, buying used, will cost about 250 dollars
The V5 is a 5W im looking for a 15 or 30W
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Quote by BulletWalker
The V5 is a 5W im looking for a 15 or 30W

if your willing to stretch your budget a bit the V22 is what your looking for then.
Save some more and maybe go for a Jet City Amps JCA20, or look used and go for a Crate Vintage Club series, or a Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Save some more and maybe go for a Jet City Amps JCA20, or look used and go for a Crate Vintage Club series, or a Peavey Classic 30.

I was just about to suggest Jet City. If you can save up a bit and get a JCA20C and a Tubescreamer you should be set for a while.
Those are just the heads though..id have to save for one of them plus a cab.
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Quote by BulletWalker
Those are just the heads though..id have to save for one of them plus a cab.

Everything I posted has a combo version.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
What do you guys think about a marshall avt50? their selling one real cheap at my local GC
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
I dunno. I don't get the reasoning behind giving up the amp because you only use 3 out of whatever, etc,etc.
If you don't like the tone of the Vyper, that's one thing - but you're going to be hard pressed finding anything you're going to be happy with on your budget.

You should hold onto that thing and experiment with tones while your ears, gear knowledge and bank account expands. That's a nice amp to have around even when you have your high end stack.
Any Marshall you guys could recommend for around $400? All ive mostly found are halfstacks which i dont mind and would actually prefer but all the heads ive found are a minimum of 100W which i simply dont need..wouldnt bother me if they sounded alright at bedroom levels. Anyone ever heard of this? http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1830978268.html apparently its a 15W head he took off a mini stack..just wondering if anyone had any experience with em. If i got it id be hooking it up to a 4x12 Marshall cab.
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
if i were you id pick up a bugera v22 its tube , and very versitile,i played it for awhile acouple days ago, and a tube screamer an electro harmonix fuzz or some sorts like that, you should be set and you still could play in a band setting with that rig.
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
ive only been able to find one of those locally which sold. So id either have to pay 350 new from GC or buy from them used without looking at it since it would be out of state. I found a Line Flextone II or III for $300 with a foot switch. Those any good?
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Last edited by BulletWalker at Jul 8, 2010,
FFS NOT the AVT!!! Awful, just awful amps. You can't really afford a Marshall that would be worth plugging a guitar into.

The JCA20 suggestion sounds like a good one to me. The V22 sounds good on paper but I've never heard one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Flextone is a great amp. It's like the Spider's cool older brother who makes six figures and runs his own business.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Yeah i tried out the AVT50 the other day...sounded like ass..ive emailed guitar center about 2 used V22 they have one is $224 other is $250 although they look the exact same to me. Ive also emailed 2 people about the flextones for $300..both come with the footswitches.. out of the 2 which would you recommend? I also found a Line 6 Pod XT Live for $99. I figured it would be good to get for the different amp models and effects etc. but im not sure if they work on all amps or are they line 6 specific.
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah