Page 1 of 2
Okay, okay. I bet that half of the people that look into this thread are expecting some link to exercise fail. Well... To those people... I'm sorry.

No. Instead, I am trying to slim down (Finally) so I can do that Scott Weiland-like Hey, look at me. I'm not wearing a shirt, but I've got a tie/scarf on! Well, that and other reasons.

Does the pit have any suggestions on what I should do? I don't have real sneakers (Hi tops. They're incredibly annoying to run in), so I'm looking for cardio stuff that isn't running. And if you suggest running... Then... I dunno, run away. I won't be able to catch you...
Swimming. It is summer after all.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well, for the Scott Weiland look, heroin is the way to go.

Otherwise:

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
ride a bike, swim, and for the love of god dont drink soda... you will lose like 15 lbs if you stop drinking that alone.(if you do.)
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
ahh man dont slim down you look like a young john belushi

VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Biking and swimming, but remember:
Diet is just as important as exercise
You could run ten miles but when you get home if you just pig out on junk food you won't lose any weight.
Also, you could eat only healthy food in the correct portions but NOT exercise at all and you won't lose much weight.
Diet + Exercise = Results.
Best of luck to you
Quote by the_white_bunny
ride a bike, swim, and for the love of god dont drink soda... you will lose like 15 lbs if you stop drinking that alone.(if you do.)

I try hard to stay away from soda... I drink Ice tea now instead. But there's still a lot of sugar in that. I might limit what I put into the big batch though.
just do something that gets your heart around 120 bpm this is area which burns fat most efficient oh..... exercise at least 45 minutes this is time in which your body consumes your reserves of carbohydrates and starts burning fat
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
Quote by L2112Lif
I try hard to stay away from soda... I drink Ice tea now instead. But there's still a lot of sugar in that. I might limit what I put into the big batch though.

i drink plain unsweet black, green, or just regular tea now.
you should stay away form the sweetner in the tea too bro, it will make a big difference.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by L2112Lif

If you absolutely CANT stop drinking soda, go for diet soda.
If you can quit soda, drink water, and lots of it.
higher intensity workouts for a shorter period of time require your body to use carbohydrates. lower intensity workouts for a longer period of time require your body to go straight for fat stores.

running for half an hour = briskly walking for an hour in the amount of calories burned, but the calories will be from carbs while running and fat when walking for a longer period of time

diet and walk for an hour everyday.
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
and we forgot to mention that lifting weights will help beacuse more muscle you have more you burn even if you arent doing anything
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
Quote by cwl
If you absolutely CANT stop drinking soda, go for diet soda.
If you can quit soda, drink water, and lots of it.

diet soda is worse then regular soda, you shoul drink lots of clean happy water though.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
diet soda is worse then regular soda, you shoul drink lots of clean happy water though.

technically, diet soda is not WORSE for you. too much of anything is bad for you, but there are worse things to drink, especially when you're trying to loose weight
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
Skateboarding!

I used to be really into skateboarding. I would skate a couple hours a day, and eat whatever I want and stay thin. Recently, I lost a lot of interest in it, and basically just stopped, but didn't watch my diet. I gained like 15 pounds in like 6 months.

Also, it's an activity that can easily be done alone, and (I think) is best done so, sometimes.

I'm going skating later...
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 2, 2010,
Cook your own food - don't get takeaways, ready meals etc

Eat more vegetables than meat

Just drink water. Don't force yourself to drink 8 glasses a day - when you start just drinking water, you'll find that you automatically drink more.

Walk everywhere

Use the stairs every time
I lost 50 pounds by using the ergometer (rowing machine) at the gym and by not drinking soda.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by captaincrunk
EDIT: Before you doubt me, high tops are basically made for basketball.

Made for basketball but can end up being quite painful when put into practice.

Buy a pair of cheap sneakers, brand name or not it doesn't matter, do some running, do sports, do various excersises such as pushups, situps, pullups etc etc.

And eat healthily. My friend got massive recently, over the last couple of years like, from living off pizza, takeout and being a slob. Right, in the past three weeks he's gotten a lot slimmer, like, he's a bit bigger than me now, and I'm small in most people's eyes, where he was a goliath prior to this. All he did to do this was walked a bit more often, spent a bit of time on his girlfriend's wii-fit and ate properly.
it's all about portion control. you don't have to deprive yourself from food. in general, eat healthier and substitute. do not deprive yourself while trying to lose weight because you WILL gain it back.
for example

instead of a hamburger, have lean proteins like fish or chicken.
instead of white pasta, have whole wheat.
instead of juice, have vitamin water.
if you crave chocolate or something, have it but just split it. it's all portion control.

exercise is important. just constantly MOVE. if you're not very athletic it's okay, any form of movement counts! just walk with some buddies or something.

drink lots of water. sometimes you'll think you're hungry but you're actually just thirsty and the water will prevent you from making bad food choices. do NOT let yourself get too hungry because then you will also make bad food choices.

this all works. trust me, i just lost all the weight i needed to and i am a dancer.
It's freezing, but it is the desert. What to do? Maybe we'll see a body. Maybe we'll see a few. I shook. Did you?
Lose Weight Equals Two Things Only = HEALTHY DIET + EXERCISE

Healthy Diet : There's plenty out there, google search, not hard to find, Not hard to figure what u should and shouldnt eat, I.E No Mcdonalds or Mars bars
Exercise : ANYTHING that raises your Heart BPM ( beats per min) if ur heart is beating, ur breathing heavily and sweating Then keep doing it, For more than 40 mins at least (no sex jokes please), Thats all it takes, and persaverance
Quote by groove.thang.
fuck bitches

get money.

but seriously, TS, you could lift weights or something. Someone mentioned basketball, that's a good option too.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I started doing squats three days ago, sit-ups six days ago, and pushups four days ago. I need to rest on the pushups because my arms are terrible, and I rested yesterday for everything. I actually just had the idea to jog in place every time I need to get up for something, like for the phone or to take the dogs out.

I stopped eating red meat in college, and I try to only eat chicken or fish. I love fish n' chicken, and I hate fried fish. I'm a bit worried about my arms because I needed to stop doing pushups so early...
P90X is great!!

Balance out what you eat and when you eat. I don't believe you have to eat the healthiest food ALL the time, but healthier choices are good. If you spoil yourself, don't do it more than 2-3 times a week. Let it be a gradual purge, soon you realize that a healthier eating routine isn't that bad after all. Fruits are great, vegetables are great, white meat over red meat, cereal, oatmeal egg whites!!! Let yourself get use to the intake of healthier foods. And drink your water, all day, every day. protein drinks are good too. before you know it, you won't want wanna touch the junk food anymore. The times you eat are important as well. Eat about an hour or so after you wake up, have a snack about 2 or so hours after that, then eat lunch about 2 or so hours after that snack, then another snack about 2 or so hours after lunch, then finally eat dinner about 2 or so hours after that last snack. Don't eat before you go to sleep. This along with a consistent work out will shed pounds. Biking is great, basketball, soccer, swimming. Just get out and be active maintain a steady, healthy diet, and you should drop the pounds. And like I said p90x is great, there's an entire routine for cardio called, Cardio X. You could give that a try.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Quote by agirlcalledkill
it's all about portion control. you don't have to deprive yourself from food. in general, eat healthier and substitute. do not deprive yourself while trying to lose weight because you WILL gain it back.
for example

instead of a hamburger, have lean proteins like fish or chicken.
instead of white pasta, have whole wheat.
instead of juice, have vitamin water.
if you crave chocolate or something, have it but just split it. it's all portion control.

exercise is important. just constantly MOVE. if you're not very athletic it's okay, any form of movement counts! just walk with some buddies or something.

drink lots of water. sometimes you'll think you're hungry but you're actually just thirsty and the water will prevent you from making bad food choices. do NOT let yourself get too hungry because then you will also make bad food choices.

this all works. trust me, i just lost all the weight i needed to and i am a dancer.

^ Good stuff.

TS, check out MOVNAT. Amazing workout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGF-ErsJiI

Also, Ashtanga Yoga is great. A bit hardcore though to start with.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

The hardest thing about losing weight (IMO) is trying not to snack on crappy foods e.g. biscuits, crisps etc. What I do, is keep myself busy so I don't feel like eating. But if you feel hungry, have a bottle of water; it does help.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Avoid red meat as much as possible and go for lean turkey or fish. Avoid fried and (artificially) sugary foods.

Don't assume that all fats and sugars are bad. Eat some avocados and bananas.

And I personally enjoy riding a bike with headphones on, for an hour or more. It's a very good time to listen to new music (or old/current favorites) and really dive in, while the bike ride gives you a nice exercise (not as intense as jogging, but still better than nothing.)
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
You people... seriously.

Learn about calories. Stay below your calorie maintenance number. Do any sport/strenous activity and voila! There aren't any bad foods, just bad diets. No food will magically burn weight or whatever, just gotta eat less so you're actually burning calories rather than adding them on. And there's no bad portion size either as long as you're below the maintenanc level.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jul 2, 2010,
it helps to just watch what you eat, and simple walking around a lot. try to just go for walks if yur going some where nearby. and yes, swimming is great. just swim laps. i've lost like 40-50lbs since october. i still have some more to go but i feel great.

also, try to cut out soda and drink more water. its a great way to lose weight cuz it helps fill you up.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Swim
Basketball
Run/jog
Walking
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Try riding a bike or longboard or something whenever you dont need to use your car. Also, swimming and just general physical activity really help.
Cycle dude! I just bought a bike for Uni so I don't have to pay for the bus, and also because I wanna get good at cross-country cycling.

And then there's the upside of it being second-best to swimming for exercise. It's cardio and muscle building! Obviously mainly legs but I have noticed my arms becoming bigger too. Make sure to tackle hills a lot.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Page 1 of 2