So i used to be in a band,the only band anywhere near where i live,but i left for several reasons:

1.the bassist was a complete asshole,seelout and poser,he treated everyone like we where session members,said he was the leader of the band and made all the decicions,name,genre etc.,and treated me worse of all cuz he thought the singer (girl duh) liked me,he never let me do anything,i had to play when he said it where he said it,play only the song she wanted and in the tuning he wanted so of course my creative side got completely squished,he constantly insulted me,said i listened to weird music and said i was a poser becuz i liked pop and rap and yet me being a huge black metal fan told him man that new burzum album is awesome and hes all like ahh yeah burzum rocks my fave album by "them" is aske,me:uuuhh burzum is one dude and aske is an ep,him:wat do u know u poser shit go listen to your weird music...****ing asshole. rant/

2.the band was going no where,we could never compose songs cuz the bassist wanted them to be all breakdowns,so all we did was play covers of songs the bassist picked,and once he realized the songs we where playing where too hardcore so he said hey lets cover greenday and lady gaga so we can gain more exposure.

3.I didnt like the genre,when i joined he said experimental metal,well it turned out to be about as experimental and metal as a jonas brothers album,all he wanted to play was very very very generic post hardcore and he wanted to rip off blessthefall and attack attack!

4.I took a 2 week break from the band (where the band only practiced twice without me) and the bass player (hes related to everything) replaced me with his bro till i came back well i did and we had a show,a show that was 1 hour away from where i lived,i had to pay 24 dollars for my family to get in and see,and while i was getting ready he called me about 50 times telling me to get there early that eh was gonna be there at 5 (the show was at 6) and for me to move when i was onstage,and he got there at 6:30,was immobile during the show and after i had to pay the money and get there he said i want my bro to play so your out for this one song (we where playing 2 songs) but if u want u can go onstage and pretend to play.i shit you not.

5.we barely practiced,about once every 2 months

but since i left i miss playing in a band cuz aside from the bass player everyone else was so awesome,its the only band i can join,and my guitar skills dont seem to be improving since i started playing everyday by myself,and the bands playing a ton of shows and practicing weekly now,so should i suck it up and join again???

thread/ I got treated like shit in my old band but i miss playing in a band and i dont seem to be improving as a guitarist playing by myself should i join or not? also any of you ever had a bandmate like the bassist of my ex band
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

man i went overboard with both the thread and the title i apologize for ranting so much -.- i really needed to get that out of my system
Quote by JacobTheMe

Just get them together and kick the bassist out. This is really obvious no?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
we cant,hes the only one with practice space and a PA system.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by isabiggles
Just get them together and kick the bassist out. This is really obvious no?
agreed a bad band member is like a tumor. Get rid of it as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
In my opinion, you should poison the bassist and steal his PA system.

Actually, why can't you join any other bands? And have you talked to the other members to see how they feel about the bassist? You might find some common ground with your bandmates.
in a sense yes,their practicing more and playing more shows however they have done nothing to compose their own songs,i was the only one with an interest in composing that stood up to the bass player,now everyone just agrees to play covers and wishes hell change his mind.
Quote by JacobTheMe

yeah kick him, alot of places have their own PA and if they dont play very small gigs till you can buy one. No point being in a band if your not happy
Quote by Sandwich8080
In my opinion, you should poison the bassist and steal his PA system.

Actually, why can't you join any other bands? And have you talked to the other members to see how they feel about the bassist? You might find some common ground with your bandmates.

Im too young to go to prison lol

and well cuz the area where i live is almost musician less even during that band i had to drive 45 minutes every practice and the few musicians that do live close all wanna play the same thing...post-hardcore,while i have nothing against the genre thats the whole music scene around here and i wanna play something different.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Tedis1111
yeah kick him, alot of places have their own PA and if they dont play very small gigs till you can buy one. No point being in a band if your not happy

where will we practice? and when we do practice where will we plug the mics.
Quote by JacobTheMe

I was in a band like that. I also have been invited back, but as of yet nothing has came out of it. My suggestion is to attend a couple practices and see if the bass player is still a communist about everything. If so, tell him to screw off. He needs to learn that you are a BAND, not one guy.
Quote by Havoc69
Im too young to go to prison lol

and well cuz the area where i live is almost musician less even during that band i had to drive 45 minutes every practice and the few musicians that do live close all wanna play the same thing...post-hardcore,while i have nothing against the genre thats the whole music scene around here and i wanna play something different.

Pfft, takes me an hour and a half to get to our band's practice spot. He is most definetly not the only person who has a decent practice space in your area, just look harder (or look in the first place).
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Pfft, takes me an hour and a half to get to our band's practice spot. He is most definetly not the only person who has a decent practice space in your area, just look harder (or look in the first place).

I have a few other practice spaces but the problem is everyone lives really really far away from me and no one wants to make the hour long trip to the place i found and i cant go farther than the bassists house since i dont have my license yet.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Havoc69
I have a few other practice spaces but the problem is everyone lives really really far away from me and no one wants to make the hour long trip to the place i found and i cant go farther than the bassists house since i dont have my license yet.

Consider practicing acoustic. Trust me. You can pick up an acoustic bass for 200 dollars american or less, mute snares and quiet bass drums, and put cloth on cymbals to mute them. This would let you practice in most places... You wouldn't need a place.
Quote by Havoc69

Gah, just use your imagination. Gather all your kit in an empty space and try it, find new band mates etc.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny