Does anyone know of any good PRS copies? obviously there's the SE range but I don't like on Custom 24 how the body isn't arched. I looked at Tokai PRS copies but I the the measurements of the body is a bit off. The closest looking one I've seen is the Vintage copy but I dunno how it sounds.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Carvin CT series isn't exactly a 'copy', but it's pretty darn close. It'll cost you anywhere from $1100-$1800 (depending on model and options) but that gets you soo close to real PRS quality.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=ct6
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The vintage i had didnt sound that great and unsurprisingly felt very very cheap.

indie guitars do a half decent look alike though?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I've played a few Hamer PRS style guitars before. They were pretty good sounding, but felt cheaply made.
The Vintage models are technically the closest if you want to get into specific dimensions and such. Of course, being standard made-in-Asia copy guitars they are of absolute average quality and they'll need a little work if you want to get the best out of them; even then, of course they can't compete with the real PRS guitars, but that's why the Vintage costs £300 and the PRS costs £3000. Personally I find the Vintages to be a betetr choice than the SEs as they have the arched top, the rest of the guitar is the same quality and they cost less. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting professional quality at a tenth of the price because obviously you're not.

The Tokai copies are a little better quality and the differences in the body shape are too small to really notice. Most people couldn't tell the difference until you actually got your measuring tape out. However, they're still not quite up to full PRS quality.

The Carvins seem to be almost on-par with a full PRS, at least going by the one I've tried. Of course, that one could have been a fluke, maybe it was a little worse and most are as good as PRS, maybe it was a little better than average and most Carvins are inferior. I wouldn't like to say based just on one guitar. But for what it's worth, the one I tried was good, everyone else loves 'em and although they cost quite a lot, they're still cheaper than a PRS would be.

EDIT: just saw you're in the UK. Forget Carvin then. Carvin recently tripled their prices for the UK (not including import duties). Why? Literally just because they can.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I am pretty sure I seen some at rondo music it was an Agile or Douglas.

Agile does, I know.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Agile does, I know.

Are the Agiles PRS copies or copies of ESP/Schecter models that look like PRS designs?
Quote by gregs1020

I have one of these from 2007. I'll tell you right now that if the contrast between my guitar teacher's old tele from them and my 2009 tele from them is anything to go by, you'll be more than satisfied with this thing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
You should go with an original PRS and not a copy. But thats up to you and your bank account.
Quote by MrFlibble
The Vintage models are technically the closest if you want to get into specific dimensions and such. Of course, being standard made-in-Asia copy guitars they are of absolute average quality and they'll need a little work if you want to get the best out of them; even then, of course they can't compete with the real PRS guitars, but that's why the Vintage costs £300 and the PRS costs £3000. Personally I find the Vintages to be a betetr choice than the SEs as they have the arched top, the rest of the guitar is the same quality and they cost less. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting professional quality at a tenth of the price because obviously you're not.

Yeah, what I was thinking with the vintage is if I just got new pickups for it, possible PRS ones.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Tradition makes copies but I've no idea of their quality.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by jpnyc
Are the Agiles PRS copies or copies of ESP/Schecter models that look like PRS designs?

Well, I can't find the exact model anymore.

They make lots of Rickenbacker copies, that kind of look like some PRS guitars. Other than that, this is the only model I can find that resembles a PRS...

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2968.html
agile used to have some really good prs copies but they changed the model because apparently it was too close or something like that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating