Page 1 of 2
For the sake of argument, include songs on any instrument and also include songs where you use some form of sheet music/prompt/chord chart.

Soooo...how many songs can you play?

I'd reckon I can play, either from memory or with chord sheets (like in worship music) I can play some 2000 or so songs.
A Geddillion.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Absolutely zero, if we don't include my own songs. I can play riffs I like but I tend to avoid playing other peoples music.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I'd reckon I can play, either from memory or with chord sheets (like in worship music) I can play some 2000 or so songs.

If that is true, thats seriously impressive.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Will Swanson
Fassa, please stop bragging.

I don't learn full songs.

It's not bragging bearing in mind most of those are worship songs (and there's a lot of different versions of the same song in some cases) AND that that's including ALL the instruments I play. It's only a few hundred per instrument.
I wish you would have said something over 9000....

But all the way through maybe 20? I don't usually learn entire songs, just riffs/solos I enjoy.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
It's not bragging bearing in mind most of those are worship songs (and there's a lot of different versions of the same song in some cases) AND that that's including ALL the instruments I play. It's only a few hundred per instrument.

It just seems like you posted this thread to boast.
Quote by Will Swanson
It just seems like you posted this thread to boast.

I'm genuinely curious bearing in mind there's guys on here in pro bands and some people here who've recorded LOADS of stuff.
A few hundred probably.

This is including songs I can just look up the chords for and play/sing using that.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
For the sake of argument, include songs on any instrument and also include songs where you use some form of sheet music/prompt/chord chart.

I don't really believe that...
Quote by T.s.e
I don't really believe that...

Now read my last couple of posts- I play 6 different instruments, so 2000 songs isn't actually that much.

Plus I can play improv from pretty much ANY chord chart as long as I've heard the studio version of the song.
Quote by darkcheef
Learning 2,000 songs by other people, do you ever play your own stuff?

About 200 or so of those songs ARE my own songs or tunes.
Ok Fassa, drums don't count because once you learn the basic rock beat you can play all of AC/DC's songs. And that's like 150.
Quote by DashBlaster
Ok Fassa, drums don't count because once you learn the basic rock beat you can play all of AC/DC's songs. And that's like 150.

You might find I play Neil Peart's drum tracks....Rush FTW
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Really? Or did you just make this thread to boast about yourself even more?
Quote by darkcheef
Really? Or did you just make this thread to boast about yourself even more?

200 songs is nothing....Alex Lifeson (.) can probably play more.
Right now I can play 2 full songs.. I normally learn them, record them, then forget them a couple of weeks later.
I have no idea how many songs I can play. What even constitutes being able to 'play' a song? An absolute perfect performance? An "I can get the general gist of this" performance? I can read sheet music very fluently and there are probably thousands of songs I could sight read.
Quote by RobinTrower12
I have no idea how many songs I can play. What even constitutes being able to 'play' a song? An absolute perfect performance? An "I can get the general gist of this" performance? I can read sheet music very fluently and there are probably thousands of songs I could sight read.

I'm talking about being able to play a song in a way which generally sounds like the original.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Rush has 2000 songs?

(Rush worship for Fassa)

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Suuuuuure.

No offense, but do you not get enough attention in the real world because of your musical greatness that you need to get attention on UG?
ITT: "I'm such a musical genius, look at me! I'm so amazing I have to resort to boasting on an internet forum!"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
In all fairness, writing 200 songs isn't that impossible a task.

I'm just saying that she's clearly bragging through this entire thread and there's really no point in leaving it open because all anyone is going to do is wait for her next post and flame the crap out of her for bragging and making all of this crap up.
If we take into account sight reading, I can play pretty much every song created save for a few incredibly difficult pieces. Having a cumulative 8 years of classes specifically for reading sheet music you kind of get really good at playing music put in front of you once.
Less than 10 by memory.
A few more looking at tabs.

I have trouble memorizing songs, and I usually give up trying after listening to the same song over and over.
Full songs with every guitar part i think i know a couple of hand fulls

riffs and stuff no idea its basically impossible to tell since i dont have the patience to learn full songs so i end up only doing the solos.

-------------------------------------------
Quote by TimBFMV
ah Jez, you so FTW.
I know a few...maybe like 15-20.
I used to use covers as practice to improve technique.

Now i just like playing to listen to it.
Wait... Fassa is bragging or making people mad in other ways? Srsly, Fassa?!

Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Page 1 of 2