my budget at the moment is like £400 pound

i can get a MG100HDFX with cab 2nd hand for £250 but i read reviews n said they suck really bad.

i also looked at a Kustom Quad 200 head and buying a cabinet but im not sure what cabinet?

i know i wont get no super amp for this price, im just looking for good or decent ha.

ive looked at combo's but have no idea whats good. im looking for an amp with a nice clean channel because ill be use distortion pedal thru it. a hardwire TL-2

also if none is good enough for gigging around this price.

im looking for a smaller valve amp with a big sound for recording purposes.

thanks if you could help

Thanks.
Quote by Metalcore Jero
Bugera 333 or 333xl might be worth a look

i looked into bugera some, and they have pretty poor quality
owned by behringer, which is known for poor quality
have heard of people with fairly new bugera amps that start smoking because of faulty wiring
Quote by stykerwolf
Stay away from anything with the name Marshall on it, unless it has JCM800, JMP or JTM on the faceplate...

Look for used all valve amps like the Fender Blues JR, Laney VC15/30, AC15.
or maybe that new ENGL amp;

http://www.thomann.de/gb/engl_e310_gigmaster_combo_110.htm

To be honest i have been looking for exactly that. but there so many to choose from i don't have anywhere i can hear all these eitha...
I can't reccomened the blues junior enough! Amazing amp! Takes pedals like a dream too. You should also look at the Laney VC15/30 as has already been mentioned and a used Fender HRD or Vox AC15 would be an option with that budget too.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
what type of music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of music do you play?

sorry i didnt mention that.

i play hardcore/deathcore kind of stuff and also lighter stuff aswell like

post hardcore to alternative rock

the guitar i will running through aswell is a ESP MH250NT
ok, thanks. i haven't tried them, but bugera might be worth considering. or if you're in no rush (i haven't tried it either) maybe the new jet city jca50? It's about £480 on thomann (though you'd need a cab too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Bugera amps are of fine quality if it is one that has been produced after mid 2008. They sorted out many of the problems that they had in the beginning. I think that they are a great option for your price range and style of music, I would look at either a 6262, 6260, or a 333XL for the style of music you play.
I have the jca 20 watt head. Its not going to do metal on its own unless your idea of metal is judas priest or van halen but it's a nice sounding little amp. Otherwise the higher watt jca amps were more fitting for your styles being more powerful and having the soldano slo od channel
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 2, 2010,
Quote by smokeysteve22
my budget at the moment is like £400 pound

i can get a MG100HDFX with cab 2nd hand for £250 but i read reviews n said they suck really bad.

i also looked at a Kustom Quad 200 head and buying a cabinet but im not sure what cabinet?

i know i wont get no super amp for this price, im just looking for good or decent ha.

ive looked at combo's but have no idea whats good. im looking for an amp with a nice clean channel because ill be use distortion pedal thru it. a hardwire TL-2

also if none is good enough for gigging around this price.

im looking for a smaller valve amp with a big sound for recording purposes.

thanks if you could help

Thanks.

All depends on ur style but Idk about the british pound to US dollar comparison. But I'm guessing thats like 500 usd? Idk. Neway for that you could get like a used 5150 combo, or a bugera head, or maybe a used carvin v3. Idk what 400 pounds is in US money so thats all i can provide 4 u.