So my friend had an old-crappy-running-virus-infested computer so we decided the best way to try and make it run halfway decent was wipe the hard drive and re-install a fresh copy of Windows.

Now the issue is that the program we used to wipe said that it would leave the partitions in place so it would be easy to reinstall windows - it actually wiped out the partitions as well. We tried to install Windows and it say that it can not find a hard drive and that we may need to run a setup or diagnostic program. I looked in the BIOS menu, it shows a hard drive.

It's there a program that will either partition things automaticly or one that guides you through in a fairly simple manner?
Why'd you use a program to whipe it out when you could've just stuck the disc in and deleted the partitions?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Why'd you use a program to whipe it out when you could've just stuck the disc in and deleted the partitions?

This.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
download gparted, burn to cd, boot from cd, win!
now extra flamey
Windows shouldn't have a problem seeing the drive if it isn't partitioned... :/

But, yeah I'd go for Ikey's idea, gparted never fails!
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Momentosis

One particularly nasty virsus would not go away. This program overwrites everything on the hard drive with crap data ensuring that every bit of data is destroyed.
noo noo noo

put in the windows cd and boot from disk when compy starts...
blue screen blue screen(loading bios and shit) install / repair windows, format new partition, install windows.

its something like that.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by SilentMoose
Windows shouldn't have a problem seeing the drive if it isn't partitioned... :/

But, yeah I'd go for Ikey's idea, gparted never fails!

i used to work in a repair shop, people would bring dodgy hard drives down and we'd tell them it would be a few hours work, do it in half an hour and sit around, then charge them for 3 hours

now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
i used to work in a repair shop, people would bring dodgy hard drives down and we'd tell them it would be a few hours work, do it in half an hour and sit around, then charge them for 3 hours

right? i charge people to wipe and reinstall windows, and any ass tard with half a brain should be able to follow on-screen instructions and do it them self.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by Ikey

That happened to me once