Hey everyone, first off, I'm new to the forums, so hi.

I'm looking to get into bass guitar, but I have no idea what to get. I want a good bass for the money for no more than $200 and I'm very open to buying used. I also need an amp that can be heard over a guitar. It doesn't have to be that good though, because we aren't planning to play to a stadium, just loud enough to be heard over a guitar and a drumset in a small area.

Thanks!
Ibanez GSR series + Acoustic amps, they give you the best value in the low range of prices. Just find the ones that fit your budget, used is a good idea if you find anything.
Meh, I started out on guitar. I don't think that switching over makes you less of a bassist.

anyway, peavey, ibanez, and squire(but not affinity) are good places to start fr beginner basses. I also agree with acoustic amps. check out our FAQ section that is stickied at the top of the forum for a more comprehensive list
no sir away a papaya war is on
I started bass and switched guitar. Still play bass mainly, its just personal preferance to what you wanna play.

Acoustic should cover you for an amp and bass wise Ibanez or peavy, IMO ive never played a squier that sounded good and didnt break/ go out of tune every other hour.
Quote by pwrmax
Ibanez GSR series + Acoustic amps, they give you the best value in the low range of prices. Just find the ones that fit your budget, used is a good idea if you find anything.

agreed.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian