I'm tossing up between the Jackson Dinky hardtail or Schecter Omen Extreme, wonderin what ppl recommend? Have heard mostly good things about both but still not sure.

My band (The MOLOTOV ) play a pretty diverse range of sound from percussive nu-metal style riffs, melodic punk/hardcore, electro, prog, acoustic etc (whatever the song wants, the song gets basically) each songs different so need something that's good across the board. Using a Zoom G2 & a mk4 boogie combo.

cheers for any advice

SCART
Quote by mr7string
schecter all the way, they kick the shit out of jacksons any day!

Based on tone, quality or reliability?
I tried out both and ended up preferring the Schecter by a large margin and bought it.
if when u say hardtail u mean this http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911006803 then id go with jackson, cuz it has USA duncans in it, but if u mean like a low end JS series, then no go with schecter Bass woood isn't that great, and ive never heard of cedro till now, and it apparently is a cheap form of cedar, and cedar isn't known to be a great solidbody tonewood, and the schecter omen extreme is mahogany, which is used in alot of more "high end" guitars, such as a gibson les paul, although ive seen guitars with real mahogany bodies as cheap as $200
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
if when u say hardtail u mean this http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911006803 then id go with jackson, cuz it has USA duncans in it, but if u mean like a low end JS series, then no go with schecter Bass woood isn't that great, and ive never heard of cedro till now, and it apparently is a cheap form of cedar, and cedar isn't known to be a great solidbody tonewood, and the schecter omen extreme is mahogany, which is used in alot of more "high end" guitars, such as a gibson les paul, although ive seen guitars with real mahogany bodies as cheap as $200

The Omen Extreme is made of basswood.
If it's a MIJ Jackson,then screw Schecter... I have old Omen Extreme with basswood body,i love coil split option,jumbo frets,clean tones and the fact it has 24 frets. I'd pick a DXMG over schecter omen extreme anyday.
Quote by Himelnator

firstly,there is cheap mahogany and good quality mahogany..just cause its mahogany doesnt mean its good.

secondly,you cannot compare wood like that and/or say that basswood is bad,like i said before there is also low quality(flawed yellowish one)basswood and high quality(tan coloured and more uniform) basswood...if it is bad then why would it be the standard wood in the ibanez prestige series?paul gilbert,steve vai,joe satriani,john petrucci and EVH also use basswood for their one off custom guitars..its just ignorant to say that basswood is bad
This question really depends on which Jackson it is, but for one of a similar price, I would rather have the Schecter.
Quote by archenemyfan
firstly,there is cheap mahogany and good quality mahogany..just cause its mahogany doesnt mean its good.

secondly,you cannot compare wood like that and/or say that basswood is bad,like i said before there is also low quality(flawed yellowish one)basswood and high quality(tan coloured and more uniform) basswood...if it is bad then why would it be the standard wood in the ibanez prestige series?paul gilbert,steve vai,joe satriani,john petrucci and EVH also use basswood for their one off custom guitars..its just ignorant to say that basswood is bad

ik there is good quality basswood, IMO it still aint that great, and yes ik it will be low quality mahogany, but low grade mahogany is better than low grade basswood
Eh.
Quote by BrockTandem
The Omen Extreme is made of basswood.

nope, check schecter's website
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
ik there is good quality basswood, IMO it still aint that great, and yes ik it will be low quality mahogany, but low grade mahogany is better than low grade basswood

basswood is great,it's that just you dont like it....

i picked this up directly from wikipedia

However, due to its better resonance at mid and high frequency, and better sustain than alder, it is now more commonly in use with the "superstrat" type of guitar. It can also be used for the neck because of its excellent material integrity when bent and ability to produce consistent tone without any dead spots

wood vs wood argument is pointless..none is better in the sense..