Yo UG, haven't been posting much lately but you will be glad to know that my guitar endeavors have still been going strong, which leads me to the point of this thread, my new guitars! Here's some pics to look at. I'll put more on the 12 string in the acoustic forum in anyone's interested.

Firstly, the guitar. It's a late 90's (so I've been led to believe) Gibson SG with a strat-esque pickup set. The Pickups are of the bar variety, and have a really great low gain chirp on cleans, and that mellow pounding when you kick in a little overdrive. I needed a guitar that was very different from my Ibanez RGT Prestige, which has 2 Humbuckers, floating bridge, 24 frets and a longer scale neck, so I figured a more classic axe would round out my electric sound a lot. I look forward to your comments, let there always be rock.

Case

OMG Opened

Headstock

Neck

Body

Clearer shot of body (black guitar on black background fail)

With my new 12 string

EDIT: Images appear to be failing hardcore. Working on it. Quote post for image urls if you're interested

EDIT 2: There we go, enjoy
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Last edited by Dudage at Jul 2, 2010,
Pics dont work dude,

EDIT: Love that finish with the white pickguard very pretty guitar and nice to see something unusual for once, HNGD dude.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Jul 3, 2010,
Imageshack is always a douche to work with, sorry boys. Should be better now.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Cool... I've never seen an SG with single-coils in it. I didn't even know they made them.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Thats a pretty Hot new guitar! Do you prefer the single coils in it or would you rather have humbuckers?
Thats pretty sick, I think the guitarist from weezer(not cuomo) had one of those back when they were good in the 90s.
Quote by MrFlibble
Zakk Wylde actually uses four MGs on stage. One set to crushing overdrive, one set to brutal distortion, one set to crushingly brutal distortion, and the fourth set to brutally crushing overdrive.

Krank Distortion Pedal!!!!
Quote by nickdohle
Thats a pretty Hot new guitar! Do you prefer the single coils in it or would you rather have humbuckers?

I got it because my other main guitar (pics in profile) is an Ibanez RGT Prestige with 2 humbuckers, and I wanted a totally different sound. I love the single coil sound, its so different.

It's pretty much a Strat with a SG body, which is cool. Have not seen another SG with that configuration since. Also, 2 knobs > 4 knobs in my opinion
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Happy new guitars day! Love that SG with the single coils. Acoustic is very nice too.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Thats awesome HNGD!!! and yes the other guitarist in Weezer had an sg like this but it only had two single coils not three. What model is if you dont mind me asking?
nice! i love the SG3. i was just thinking about these guitars earlier today
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by dizzle_312
Thats awesome HNGD!!! and yes the other guitarist in Weezer had an sg like this but it only had two single coils not three. What model is if you dont mind me asking?

As Lifeisabullet said, it's called an SG3. Really loving the sound it's giving me, even on the heavier settings. Definitely a very unique sounding guitar
\,,/_[><]_\,,/