When I hold my guitar ~6inches from my knees my wrist always hurts when playing, note that I just switched to playing it low vs high-so does it take time to adapt/get used to it? (both the playing and the pain...).
Raise it up.

The only thing playing it that low is going to do is put your wrists at a horrible angle and that's where the pain comes from.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
6 inches above your knees? Raise that up by like, a foot. It should be comfortably at your stomach/waist.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by -TM-
When I hold my guitar ~6inches from my knees my wrist always hurts when playing, note that I just switched to playing it low vs high-so does it take time to adapt/get used to it? (both the playing and the pain...).

No shit Shakespeare. When it's that low, you have no leverage so you have to bend your wrist more just to reach the front of the neck, let alone actually trying to play like that. Raise it up. It doesn't take genius. If it hurts don't do it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I play with my guitar sorta high? why it's comfy

Also it's easier to headbang i find because the guitar moves with me
Quote by -TM-

Listen man only slash can play his guitar that low... its stupid to play it like that.
Gallows play it like that, now one of the guitarists has to see a chiropractor regularly cause having the les pauls that low ****ed his back... Hes 25 -_-
I like to have it so the guitar protects me where I need protecting most
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Listen man only slash can play his guitar that low... its stupid to play it like that.
Gallows play it like that, now one of the guitarists has to see a chiropractor regularly cause having the les pauls that low ****ed his back... Hes 25 -_-
I like to have it so the guitar protects me where I need protecting most

Over your heart? lol

When I was first starting out I saw all those guitarists playing it really low and thought "so thats how you look cool playing guitar?" But quickly found out that playing comfortably = playing better.