Hello every one...

im trying to record some guitar stuff.... kind of progressive with a lot of open strings and notes at the same time a bit fast too... but i have 2 big problems

1 Real loss of quality and clarity

2 everything sounds too much compress

So here is what im doing in other from guitar to computer

1 Guitar: Fender Strat American Traditional.... dimarzio pubs (2 YJM, 1 Air classic)

2 cry baby

3 fender cheap tunner

4 mrx classic distortion (exaclty the same as D3) -> Im using this one for my distorted souds

5 Mxr Phaser

6 Cheap Dan electro Delay

7 Digitech multi Chorus (with CIT modeler ON)

This is my pedal board... i connect the Chorus in mono with a cheap guitar cable adapter to a good stereo little pin cable (as ipod ear pieces) to my macbook mic in... then i use garage band to record... the only thing i add on the program is a bit of reverb and i use an American clean modeled amp set up.

Any ideas how can i improve this? cause im getting really cheap garage EP sound
Last edited by marianoarnaiz at Jul 2, 2010,
You're probably cranking up the gain of the mic input because the volume is too low. That causes the loss of quality and distorted sounds. What you need to do is get a digital audio interface for around $100 that transfers instrument level sound to the computer digitally to keep all the fancy details.
LIke he said You need an INTERFACE. I bought one of these and it works great on my Mac

http://www.amazon.com/Line-6-POD-Studio-GX/dp/B001EHWD0I

Works beautiful with all DAW's and Guitar Sims - I use it on my PC Laptop and my Imac - makes your sound come alive trust me on that - you won't believe how good your stuff will sound going into a proper interface.... best $99 I ever spent
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!