So, finally getting a pedal board together properly. No more chucking pedals in my backpack. Was just wondering what would be the best chain for my pedals. I've been placing them in what I think is a good order (and what works and sounds good) but was hoping to here some other peoples suggestions. Thanks much!

Pedals (and the order that I have been placing them in):

Boss TU-2 Tuner
MXR Distortion +
MXR/CAE Boost/Overdrive
(Just ordered a Micro Pog and I think it should go here)
Boss DD-7 Delay
EHX Holy Grail Nano
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Thanks in advance!
if i were u i would put the distortion + and the overdrive stuff in the boss ns-2 effects loop and run the dd-7 and holy grail in the amp effects loop and have the tuner before the ns-2
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
That is kind of what I was thinking with the NS-2. I feel like I haven't really been using it correctly.

Also, no effects loop. I have a Orange Dual Terror, so everything is out in front.

Thanks for the advice man really appreciate it.
I think your chain should go like this:

Boss TU-2 Tuner
Micro Pog
MXR/CAE Boost/Overdrive
MXR Distortion +
Boss DD-7 Delay
EHX Holy Grail Nano

The reason your pog should go infront of your overdrive/distortion pedals is because it should have better tracking for the octave effect. Rembember, there are no rule, try it out in both positions and find out what works better for you.

I generally use the principle with dirt pedals, that your lowest gain pedals go first, and your heavier gain pedals go further in the chain. What are you using each of the dirt pedals for? If your using the CAE boost/overdrive as a light overdrive to tighten up the sound, then i think it should go infront of the distortion+. If your using the CAE as a boost for solo's, and you actually want a volume boost, then it would be best placed after the distortion+.

Now the noise gate IMO should go infront of the dirtboxes but you can also place it just after the dirt. Infront, the noise gate will act more as a gate and will cut noise from the guitar when you aren't playing. If the gate is after the dirtboxes than it will cut down noise from the pedals. Lastly, IMO, you should place your noise suppressor before delay and reverb so that you can still hear the repeats on the delay. Again, no rules, so try all possible positions and see what is best for you.
since u dont have a effects loop i would go like this tuner-pog-ns2 ns2loop-boost-dist+ - ns2 return ns2 output-delay-reverb-amp and u can swap orders but i would keep the drive pedals in the loop of the ns2 and the reverb and delay after unless u want a gated reverb sound like u heard on alot of drums in the 80's

hope this helps
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Jul 3, 2010,
Ahhhhhhhh! Placing the pog there makes a ton of sense. I haven't gotten yet, so I'll have to try it but it really doesn't make any sense to put the pog in front of a dirt pedal since the pog would probably have a hard time tracking a distorted signal.

I would be using the Distortion + for a light over drive and the CAE for a volume boost and heavier gain. Most likely putting the NS-2 after these guys, possibly through it's loop. Whichever sounds best I suppose.

Thanks much for the suggestions! Looking forward to doing some experimentation.
Quote by BlaketheHero
So, finally getting a pedal board together properly. No more chucking pedals in my backpack. Was just wondering what would be the best chain for my pedals. I've been placing them in what I think is a good order (and what works and sounds good) but was hoping to here some other peoples suggestions. Thanks much!

Pedals (and the order that I have been placing them in):

Boss TU-2 Tuner
MXR Distortion +
MXR/CAE Boost/Overdrive
(Just ordered a Micro Pog and I think it should go here)
Boss DD-7 Delay
EHX Holy Grail Nano

Thanks in advance!

Guitar>Tuner>POG>Distortion>OD>Nano>Delay>NS>Amp

I would experiment with the arrangement of the Distortion & POG and the Nano and Delay.
Guitars: Gibson LP Studio Faded Brown, Fender Strat
Amp: Ampeg VT-120
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby, Digitech Whammy, ProCo Vintage Rat, Boss TU-2 Tuner, BBE Green Screamer, Behringer EQ700, Behringer DD400 Delay, MXR Phase 90
I have a similar query... Having just got a Micro Pog I'm going to add it to the chain tonight and see what happens.
Currently going - TU2 > DS2 > Dunlop Crybaby Wah > EHX Big Muff > OC2 > DD3 > Danelectro Chorus.

Guitar through the Big Muff is going into the front of an Orange TH30 combo and the rest is through the loop.
I was thinking that I'd place the Pog in front of the Big Muff and have the dry output linked to the OC2 thus keeping them available to be used separately or in conjunction with screwing up the signal. Any suggestions are gladly received and will be experimented with when I leave the office tonight.