I have noticed they use a Strat with 3 single coils as the 'symbol' for their establishments.
In my experience, Strats are not the best for hard rock, at least not ones with single coils.
What guitar do YOU think should replace the Strat, if any at all.
Now knowing most of the pit monkeys i will get the generic "o u dumbazz i use a strat and im Ub3r b34st at hardrock durrr u dont no wat ur talking bouts durr', but i know i will get at least one valid opinion on this.
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
The Stratocaster will always represent rock and roll.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
o u dumbazz i use a strat and im Ub3r b34st at hardrock u dont no wat ur talking bouts

It's a bloody corporate symbol, why do you give three quarters of a fuck?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm not an Ub3r b34st at hardrock but strats are fine for hard rock, and as a symbol
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I agree that the strat has always been the symbol of rock and roll, but in my eyes there is a difference between rock and roll, and hard rock.
It is like having an acoustic represent metal.
Sorry but that is the only thing i can think of to try and make my point clearer, my brain is shot.
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Quote by Shaggy_420
I have noticed they use a Strat with 3 single coils as the 'symbol' for their establishments.
In my experience, Strats are not the best for hard rock, at least not ones with single coils.
What guitar do YOU think should replace the Strat, if any at all.
Now knowing most of the pit monkeys i will get the generic "o u dumbazz i use a strat and im Ub3r b34st at hardrock durrr u dont no wat ur talking bouts durr', but i know i will get at least one valid opinion on this.

Amp > Guitar for tone by the way
When I first read the OP I immediately thought of Iron Maiden. Also, I remember the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas using a Les Paul. Other than that, though...
Quote by Shaggy_420
Strats are not the best for hard rock, at least not ones with single coils.

All the ones I've seen had at least one humbucker. I think the 3 single-coil ones aren't as popular as the mixed ones, due to the mixed ones' versatility.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse
o u dumbazz i use a strat and im Ub3r b34st at hardrock u dont no wat ur talking bouts

It's a bloody corporate symbol, why do you give three quarters of a fuck?

I believe he has given a full **** on this, not only 3 quarters.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Update:

Your argument, sir, is invalid.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I would say a Les Paul.

But I'm also a fanboi and a half. So my opinion don't really count.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Why would you care? It's a logo it doesn't need to be 100% accurate accoriding to your opinion.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Interesting
I have not seen the LP HardRock
I revoke my previous statements.
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

the hard rock cafe in houston has a firebird. i prefer them over strats hands down, but strats are in no way unsuitable for hard rock/metal.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by rgrockr
Update:

Your argument, sir, is invalid.

**** AND BALLS.

Unsee unsee unsee

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It's a Les Paul in Surfers Paradise.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Why does it really matter? As long as they don't get sued by some company for using "their guitar", I doubt Hard Rock Cafe really even gives a damn. Besides, 50% of the time, Hard Rock Cafes don't even play Hard Rock. If they can't even get that right, how do you expect them to give two fucks about what kinda guitar is out front?
Who cares? It's meant to appeal to a wide audience, and the Strat body shape is probably the most recognizable body shape out there.