Hi.
Ibanez XPT700

Ibanez XPT 700XH

There are two guitars.
1st one with 24 frets & 2nd one with 27 frets.
I have found the 27 frets Xiphos Under $700 (usually its $899).

Its a 27 frets guitar so the guitar will give me access to the 24th fret very easily.
So what do yous guys RECOMMEND?
24 fret xiphos or the 27 frets Xiphos?

also does any one know about the Dimarzio Air Norton S pickup on the XPT700XH?
Thanks.
Finish on the 24 fret Xiphos looks way cooler IMO, and honestly, when will you ever need 27 frets?
It's far better to have 27 and not need them than to want/need them and not have them. If the price is right, then basically: why not go with more? It can only help you, and it can't hurt you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by GibsonMan321
Finish on the 24 fret Xiphos looks way cooler IMO, and honestly, when will you ever need 27 frets?

this. i have the 24 fret one, and the finish is amazing. and no one is going to use those last three frets, unless you are tapping, in which case you can just tap past the fretboard to where those frets would be with the side of your pick. as far as 24th fret access goes, i've never played the 27 fret xiphos, but on mine i have no problem getting there.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by GibsonMan321

I don't know if i will really need the extra 3 frets.But It's a 27 frets guitar.So it will give me great access to the 24th fret.It will be a lot easy to play a note on the 24th fret.
27 fret is better for down tuning. It is just like a baritone guitar.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
what iceh88 said, but the 24 has a neck humbucker, and that for me is a dealbreaker, so id go with the 24 fret, cuz i like neck humbuckers, its one of the reasons y i didn't get a dk2l
Eh.
Quote by iceh88
27 fret is better for down tuning. It is just like a baritone guitar.

Um.. no, it's not. It's still 25.5" scale, it just has a fretboard that goes further into the body than the 24 fret one. Hence the single coil sized neck pickup...

Quote by Pac_man0123
Um.. no, it's not. It's still 25.5" scale, it just has a fretboard that goes further into the body than the 24 fret one. Hence the single coil sized neck pickup...

i dont think thats wat he meant, i think he meant as in the fact that if u town down 3 half steps (ie c#) ur highest will be the same E as a 24 fret guitar
Eh.
Quote by Himelnator
i dont think thats wat he meant, i think he meant as in the fact that if u town down 3 half steps (ie c#) ur highest will be the same E as a 24 fret guitar

Well, he said it's like a baritone guitar. And baritone guitars don't do that. So I assumed he meant like a longer scale.
Isn't the neck pickup in the 27 fret a stacked single coil?

I don't think it really think its "practical" to have a 27 fret guitar, but hey, if you want to be an absolute douche and become famous with that guitar and write some pretty BA sweeping solos and whatnot and use all the way up to that 27th fret to piss people off that try to tab the solo, be my guest.

*inserts reference to a Gary Kramer Guitar R29 Turbulence*

I win.
I think I like the look of the 27 fretter more, so go for that :P
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Isn't the neck pickup in the 27 fret a stacked single coil?

I don't think it really think its "practical" to have a 27 fret guitar, but hey, if you want to be an absolute douche and become famous with that guitar and write some pretty BA sweeping solos and whatnot and use all the way up to that 27th fret to piss people off that try to tab the solo, be my guest.

*inserts reference to a Gary Kramer Guitar R29 Turbulence*

I win.

Excuse me..but how do you attach a picturein a post?
Can't decide whether that Gary Kramer looks awesome or totally shit,

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom